Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best F seat on 717?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Best F seat on 717?

We'll be traveling in First on a 717-200 in October from JFK to FLL, connecting from an 11+ hour flight from ATH.

Currently have seats 2C and 2D booked in the 3-row First cabin. Contemplating moving to row 3 so we can recline without the worry of annoying those behind us (flight is from 7:25PM to 10:49PM and will be tired). However, I worry if we move to 3, then we run the risk of them running out of our meal preference...

Any recommendations on the seats to choose?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Avoid row 1, and don't worry about reclining. The people behind you will be just fine.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Avoid row 1, and don't worry about reclining. The people behind you will be just fine.
+1
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I've learned to love 1B/1C for shorter flights (on all mainline jets). I like the more attentive service that comes with being near the galley, and being among the first off the plane is nice too.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
I've learned to love 1B/1C for shorter flights (on all mainline jets). I like the more attentive service that comes with being near the galley, and being among the first off the plane is nice too.
+1
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I love 1B/C as well. No one to recline into me. And even if I'm in 1A/D, I can often step over the person in the aisle without them having to get up (especially nice if they're asleep). Can't do that in other rows usually.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I love 1B/C as well. No one to recline into me. And even if I'm in 1A/D, I can often step over the person in the aisle without them having to get up (especially nice if they're asleep). Can't do that in other rows usually.
1AD have become my favorites for this reason, recently.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
As I recall only one side in row 1 on the 717 has a cut out in the bulkhead....I think it's C/D side no?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I choose 1 B or C also. Also because no one reclines into you. And someone in 1 A/D can generally get out without my having to get up.
1A on an RJ with FC.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
[QUOTE=Layell;26830786]We'll be traveling in First on a 717-200 in October from JFK to FLL, connecting from an 11+ hour flight from ATH.

Currently have seats 2C and 2D booked in the 3-row First cabin. Contemplating moving to row 3 so we can recline without the worry of annoying those behind us (flight is from 7:25PM to 10:49PM and will be tired). However, I worry if we move to 3, then we run the risk of them running out of our meal preference...

Any recommendations on the seats to choose?[/QUOTEI]

It's just a curtain between F and Y cabin, so if you're worried about reclining, in row 2, it would be the same affect in row 3. Though there's plenty of space to recline, unlike the 737.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta PM
This is exactly why I choose 1B/C. Plus I'm shorter, so the leg room is perfect and no one reclines into you.

Mrs Archer hates row 1 though. When traveling together we usually do one leg in row 1 and another somewhere else. She likes having her bag easily accessable.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Archer2015
This is exactly why I choose 1B/C. Plus I'm shorter, so the leg room is perfect and no one reclines into you.

Mrs Archer hates row 1 though. When traveling together we usually do one leg in row 1 and another somewhere else. She likes having her bag easily accessable.
Same with Mrs. ATOBTTR. I prefer row 1 but she hates it for the same reason. Of course she is barely over 5 ft so the person in front of her reclining has far less of an impact than it does on me, at well over 6 ft tall. I even try to explain that her bag can come down and go at her feet after takeoff. The compromise in our house is "you can fly in Row 1 when you're flying alone. When we fly together, we're not flying in Row 1". (however on certain aircraft types where I know the bulkhead has way more room, I will push it and go for the bulkhead, especially if we're in Y).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Will probably avoid row 1 as the lovely lady traveling with me shares the mindset mentioned in other posts: Must have easy access to her bag or ELSE!
Since reclining sounds like a nonissue, think we'll stick with 2 C/D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.