Delta 1 JFK-PHX

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Delta 1 JFK-PHX

So just book PHX-JFK-PHX and on the flight home it is being booked into I class isn't this Delta One? The ride home is on a 757 with lie flat seats.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it will be standard domestic F service
Old May 29, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jrl767
it will be standard domestic F service
This is what I was wondering, but will be a nice ride home!
Old May 29, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have never been in first class between JFK and Phoenix with lie flat seats, it's always been "regular" first class. Most recently was about 5 weeks ago.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
I have never been in first class between JFK and Phoenix with lie flat seats, it's always been "regular" first class. Most recently was about 5 weeks ago.
DL 425 on July 4th is a 757 with lie flat seats.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Why would PHX be a market for premium service? None of the other carriers offer anything special in that market, nor is it a major DL market. I do recall at one point in the past DL offered class of service based access to the SkyClub (nothing special but it's something).
Old May 29, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a continuation flight of DL 1 LHR-JFK and thus carries a 'J' style fare class. It means nothing as far as service or seating type. Only JFK-SFO/LAX are Delta One routes with guaranteed lie-flats
Old May 29, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Why would PHX be a market for premium service? None of the osther carriers offer anything special in that market, nor is it a major DL market. I do recall in the past DL offered class of service based access to the SkyClub (nothing special but it's something).

Now the only domestic flights that offer this are JFK-SFO/LAX.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
[/B]

Now the only domestic flights that offer this are JFK-SFO/LAX.
Correct and as indicated in my post "in the past". It was not my intention to suggest class of service access was granted to any domestic F itinerary, I was pointing out that at one time, the route OP asked about had a slight (and IMO not very special) enhancement.

The OPs PNR likely displays DeltaOne since the flight number may include a DeltaOne operated segment, [with a likely change of gauge, but I suppose it could also be a 757] and DLs inventory display and Delta.dumb mistakingly indicates this cabin.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Correct and as indicated in my post "in the past". It was not my intention to suggest class of service access was granted to any domestic F itinerary, I was pointing out that at one time, the route OP asked about had a slight (and IMO not very special) enhancement.

The OPs PNR likely displays DeltaOne since the flight number may include a DeltaOne operated segment, [with a likely change of gauge, but I suppose it could also be a 757] and DLs inventory display and Delta.dumb mistakingly indicates this cabin.
I doubt that the PNR lists the flight as D1. It's a business class fare code because the same flight number is used by DL for an international segment.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I love how people try and read between the lines. I wrote, that it's an "I" fare and I was under the impression that "I" fare was D1.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are all manner of routes in this country where an occasional internationally-configured aircraft is used because it can be serve a rotation out and back occasionally. It's a nice treat to get the better seats and that's about it.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I love how people try and read between the lines. I wrote, that it's an "I" fare and I was under the impression that "I" fare was D1.
yes ... however, you titled the thread "Delta 1"; it was unclear whether you were referring to the flight number or the service on the domestic segment

imo too many regulars on this board use the "Fire, Aim, Ready" paradigm when posting replies (in other words, they seldom if ever take a few extra minutes -- or even seconds -- to read through the thread and think about the context)

Last edited by jrl767; May 30, 2016 at 12:43 am
Old May 30, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Why would PHX be a market for premium service? None of the other carriers offer anything special in that market, nor is it a major DL market. I do recall at one point in the past DL offered class of service based access to the SkyClub (nothing special but it's something).
Re: PHX SkyClub unless I am out of the loop PHX does not have a SkyClub as of YET !
It sure would be a welcome addition !
Old May 30, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
DL uses C, D, I, Z fare classes on D1 routes, but they also use them on a number of non-D1, simple F routes. These include domestic continuation flights of international flights, non-stop flights to/from JFK-SEA/PDX/LAS/PHX/DEN/SAN (which used to get lounge access, but no longer do), and flights to/from Mexico/Caribbean/Central America/Bahamas/Bermuda.

In short, there's no way to tell simply from the fare class whether or not you are on a D1 flight/route, nor what type of aircraft you will be getting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.