Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond benefit

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Diamond benefit

I should hit diamond in another two weeks.

In preparation for the status upgrade, I thought I'd ask how I go about signing up for the "FO that carries my bags onto the plane" benefit, so I can be ready on time.

Thank you.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by fliesdelta

In preparation for the status upgrade, I thought I'd ask how I go about signing up for the "FO that carries my bags onto the plane" benefit, so I can be ready on time.

Thank you.
Must wait until fall for this published benefit.

Old May 27, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
1) Select the person you want to carry your bags
2) Use Choice Benefit to gift status

Old May 27, 2016, 2:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Perhaps, they should have specified lanes, like WN or UA, with one dedicated lane for Silvers, so that you could identify them easily. Then, you could choose what works best for you . . . . The strongest . . . . The prettiest . . . . etc.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
They will be the one sitting in the middle C+ seat. Just let them know before you deplane what your next gate is. They will bring your carry on for you.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Stupid benefit. Like a GA thanking me by name and status when I board. Such an tiny benefit.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bonoman
Stupid benefit. Like a GA thanking me by name and status when I board. Such an tiny benefit.
It's not about you hearing your name . . . .

It's about who ELSE hears - - "Thank you for your Diamond status!"

Old May 28, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by bonoman
And then they call you by your first name, which for those of us who are old school is disrespectful (I never address any adult with whom I don't have an acquaintance by any other means than "Mr., Mrs., Ms. or Dr.").
Old May 28, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)

Thank you.
Just set your carry on in the aisle as you board with PREM and settle into your cozy FC or C+ seat. The first FO who arrives with Zone 1 knows to pick it up and stow it for you.

If you forget the instructions above they are written on the back of your DM card, along with a phone number to call and have the FO's status taken away if they fail to do so.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
And then they call you by your first name, which for those of us who are old school is disrespectful (I never address any adult with whom I don't have an acquaintance by any other means than "Mr., Mrs., Ms. or Dr.").
My firstname is spelled oddly, but actually phonetic; my last name is much more standard, so I almost always get the Mister treatment.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2
My firstname is spelled oddly, but actually phonetic; my last name is much more standard, so I almost always get the Mister treatment.
My first and last names are both very easy, and I don't think I can EVER remember being called David!
Old May 29, 2016, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

Thank you.
I reached out to a PM that became FO and suggested this idea and for some reason he was quite rude to me...
Old May 29, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ND76
I don't consider myself old school but I HATE this. Had a phone rep one time ask if he could call me by my first name and he seemed genuinly shocked when I said no that he should call me Mrs. Furballs.
What really gets under my skin is being greeted by the GA as Miss Furballs at boarding, I'm married, have been for almost 10 years, yes I look young to you but at least address me as Ms if you are to busy to notice the rings on the hand that gave you a boarding pass. Also can't understand why I must fill in a preferred salutation in my sky miles profile if it doesn't get used anywhere.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by 3furballs
I don't consider myself old school but I HATE this. Had a phone rep one time ask if he could call me by my first name and he seemed genuinly shocked when I said no that he should call me Mrs. Furballs.
What really gets under my skin is being greeted by the GA as Miss Furballs at boarding, I'm married, have been for almost 10 years, yes I look young to you but at least address me as Ms if you are to busy to notice the rings on the hand that gave you a boarding pass. Also can't understand why I must fill in a preferred salutation in my sky miles profile if it doesn't get used anywhere.
Never realized anyone felt so strongly about salutations. I will definitely be playing it safe from here on out.

(And no offense, but you definitely *do* sound "old school" to me. I actually like it when people address me by my first name... mr. Appleguru is what people call my father!)
Old May 29, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by 3furballs
In some parts of the country many people will refer to any woman, regardless of age or marital status as Miss. Sometimes the Miss is followed by a first name and sometimes by a last name. But it is not unusual or implication that they don't think you are married. I think it is sloppy use of the (US version of the) English language but having now lived half my life where this is common I don't worry about it any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.