Wiki Posts
Search

downgrade to medallion line for GM's?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
downgrade to medallion line for GM's?

Wondering if other gold medallions have noticed a decrease in the quality of agents on the GM line recently?

In the past I thought that it was the same agents as the ones taking PM calls but in the past couple of weeks I feel like I am getting a higher amount of agents who just are not as good (defined by not understanding rules, giving incorrect information and also not being as nice).
Old May 25, 2016, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did that new 3rd world call center open up yet?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Do Platinums still get Chisolm?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Wondering if other gold medallions have noticed a decrease in the quality of agents on the GM line recently?

In the past I thought that it was the same agents as the ones taking PM calls but in the past couple of weeks I feel like I am getting a higher amount of agents who just are not as good (defined by not understanding rules, giving incorrect information and also not being as nice).
I always thought that the DM line phone agents that didn't get a 5 rating on the phone survey got moved to the other lines...

So, those getting a 4 would move to the PM line, those getting a 3 would move to the GM line and so on.

I also thought that the reverse also applied so that if they were consistently getting a 5, they would move up one rung in the ladder so they eventually could make it back to the DM line
Old May 25, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: DL PM
I'd chock this one up to just lots of variability in agents/training. This is why HUCA can be so helpful with DL unfortunately.

Even just this morning, on the DM line, I had an agent that completey didn't know their own rules.. Hanging up, calling back, got another far more helpful agent.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

I had a crummy phone agent last month who totally butchered my mileage upgrade request. Fortunately I called back and got a good one who made it all work. And then I had the Twitter team check their work, because I was paranoid after the first one screwed it up so badly.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
I have had some major issues trying to get intl mirage upgrades processed recently. Several of the agents told me that the Delta knowledge management system changed in early May, and it sounds like they weren't trained on it at all. Several have told me they are having major trouble finding information.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I also recently had a horrible experience trying to get the correct credit for a KE operated DL flight. The agent at first said I would not get credit, so I asked for a supervisor. Both insisted it was not a DL flight, even though there was a DL flight number, it was a DL ticket, the fare class was one for which credit should be given and the ticket had been purchased on DL.com. Then it was explained that the MQM were based on the fare purchased minus all the fees, not just some of the fees, which, I was told, was the amount of the other three legs. In other words, the claim was I was flying this leg for free. The supervisor claimed she had worked the numbers, but backed off that claim when I asked her to share the numbers with me. Both the agent and the supervisor were clueless and rude. I called back a second time and was basically told the same thing. A third phone call resulted in a knowing response. That call took a minute or so, and the correct points were posted later that day. The first two calls were to CVG. The third was Chisolm.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Maybe it was just bad luck. I also tend to call late at night when I have time, and maybe this is also a factor.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: DL GM
Maybe it was just bad luck. I also tend to call late at night when I have time, and maybe this is also a factor.
Almost certainly. Whenever I have problems getting into ATL late in the evening and have to reschedule a missed TATL flight, I always get the lesser agents in who knows where that can be difficult to understand.

Keith
Old May 25, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I also recently had a horrible experience trying to get the correct credit for a KE operated DL flight. The agent at first said I would not get credit, so I asked for a supervisor. Both insisted it was not a DL flight, even though there was a DL flight number, it was a DL ticket, the fare class was one for which credit should be given and the ticket had been purchased on DL.com. Then it was explained that the MQM were based on the fare purchased minus all the fees, not just some of the fees, which, I was told, was the amount of the other three legs. In other words, the claim was I was flying this leg for free. The supervisor claimed she had worked the numbers, but backed off that claim when I asked her to share the numbers with me. Both the agent and the supervisor were clueless and rude. I called back a second time and was basically told the same thing. A third phone call resulted in a knowing response. That call took a minute or so, and the correct points were posted later that day. The first two calls were to CVG. The third was Chisolm.
Curious how you know the call center of the agent you spoke with? Do you ask? I used to see it on my ticket confirmations under place of issue, but now it just says "Delta Reservations"?
Old May 25, 2016, 11:28 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by appleguru
Curious how you know the call center of the agent you spoke with? Do you ask? I used to see it on my ticket confirmations under place of issue, but now it just says "Delta Reservations"?
I always ask. Got one from Minneapolis yesterday. If they say they're in Chisolm (usually say Northern Minnesota), I complement them and let them know they're held in high esteem. Not sure it does me any good but makes them feel better.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Full disclosure: I don't often call the DM line, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.

Ok that was too easy: I honestly rarely call. I usually done need to. The few times I have called the agents could not have been more helpful. I've been very impressed and have even asked for a few names to shoot quick emails to commend them. I, too, usually ask where they are just to make chit chat. Minneapolis is a pretty common.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
The few times I have called the agents could not have been more helpful. I've been very impressed and have even asked for a few names to shoot quick emails to commend them.
Yup, that was historically always my experience, and I am sure DMs still generally get the best people available. My question was specific to the experience of GM's and wondering if we've been shuffled over to the general agents. Last night when I called they agent did not even have my information--i had to give here my SM number, something I have not had to do in years.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:56 am

Yup, that was historically always my experience, and I am sure DMs still generally get the best people available. My question was specific to the experience of GM's and wondering if we've been shuffled over to the general agents. Last night when I called they agent did not even have my information--i had to give here my SM number, something I have not had to do in years.
Did you call from a different phone than your usual/the one listed in your profile?

Only time I've had this happen was when DL was clearly having IT issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.