Upgrade to flex main?

Old May 24, 2016, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond medallion, HHonors Diamond,
Upgrade to flex main?

What exactly is "upgrade to flex main cabin?" Never heard the term and I can't find anything online....?

The only difference I could tell is it was $10 more and went from Q to S class.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by The Matador
What exactly is "upgrade to flex main cabin?" Never heard the term and I can't find anything online....?

It's simply an upsell to a fare that permits changes without a fee. Note that flexible does not necessarily mean refundable.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by The Matador

In this case, your buying up not to the next higher coach fare class but to the coach fare one additional class higher, or a jump up by two classes: Y B M S H Q K L U T X V
Old May 25, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
$10 for having no change fee could well be worth it depending on your normal travel patterns.
I'd also check carefully in the fare rules if selecting that to make sure it really is no change fee, as I've seen the website tout 'flexible' fare and there was still a fee on one of the segments, which made them all have a fee.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some cases, it could be worth a small amount of money to fareup to a Y or B fare in advance in order to get more MQMs. You might also open SDC possibilities, but there's no guarantee that the higher fare will have any effect.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rylan
... check carefully in the fare rules if selecting that to make sure it really is no change fee, as I've seen the website tout 'flexible' fare and there was still a fee on one of the segments, which made them all have a fee.
+1; this is the most important point

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.