Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 75I

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Delta 75I

I see that DL has a new 757 configuration. It is called 75I. It is not listed on DL.com or Seatguru and you can only see it when you book a flight for it. It looks like it normally does JFK-SXM or STT. I belive these are the ex-Shanghai Airlines 757. The tail #s are N819DX-N822DX. So does anyone have any knowledge on this config because I can't find any info anywhere.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I see that DL has a new 757 configuration. It is called 75I. It is not listed on DL.com or Seatguru and you can only see it when you book a flight for it. It looks like it normally does JFK-SXM or STT. I belive these are the ex-Shanghai Airlines 757. The tail #s are N819DX-N822DX. So does anyone have any knowledge on this config because I can't find any info anywhere.
Could you provide some more information? Like the dates you are seeing this on or potentially a screenshot? That would help us give you some more information.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Flew this aircraft recently from JFK-SEA in F. Decent pitch in F but no in flight entertainment or power. Disappointing change from lie-flat equipped 757.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WidgetKid
Could you provide some more information? Like the dates you are seeing this on or potentially a screenshot? That would help us give you some more information.
It's tomorrow 5/25 JFK-SXM. Aircraft is N822DX
Old May 24, 2016, 11:45 am

Looks to be this configuration (75G):

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...7-200-75g.html

Personally I've never seen it or been on one before, but from the info on delta.com it looks like standard domestic F and Y. What other kind of info are you looking for?
Old May 24, 2016, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Looks to be this configuration (75G):

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...7-200-75g.html

Personally I've never seen it or been on one before, but from the info on delta.com it looks like standard domestic F and Y. What other kind of info are you looking for?
Oh. The Fly Delta App has the wrong code as usual.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:48 am

Oh. The Fly Delta App has the wrong code as usual.
Shocker ...
Old May 24, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I can't find any info anywhere.
The tail N822DX works as a search term in this forum. It leads to several informative threads.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html
Old May 24, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I'm a big DL fan, but they do really strange things sometimes. This aircraft just exited interior mods. Why they'd mod a plane without adding power or IFE is beyond me. Also, this is the only plane with this configuration flying in North America. After spending so much money to commonize the huge number of 757 configs, DL goes and adds this unique config to the fleet. So weird.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I'm a big DL fan, but they do really strange things sometimes. This aircraft just exited interior mods. Why they'd mod a plane without adding power or IFE is beyond me. Also, this is the only plane with this configuration flying in North America. After spending so much money to commonize the huge number of 757 configs, DL goes and adds this unique config to the fleet. So weird.
This configuration/set-up is just temporary. These 757s will go through a second round of mods (for AVOD, etc.). IIRC, the new seats, etc., were not going to be ready for a while, so instead of having these birds sit around not generating any revenue, they decided it was probably worth it to do some basic refurbishing (from the Shanghai Airlines interiors) and put them into service in the interim. Most of these are currently being used on the interport flights out of Japan (to GUM and SPN).
Old May 24, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
This configuration/set-up is just temporary. These 757s will go through a second round of mods (for AVOD, etc.). IIRC, the new seats, etc., were not going to be ready for a while, so instead of having these birds sit around not generating any revenue, they decided it was probably worth it to do some basic refurbishing (from the Shanghai Airlines interiors) and put them into service in the interim. Most of these are currently being used on the interport flights out of Japan (to GUM and SPN).
Yes, I know the official story from Delta. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. DL has owned these for a year. I don't buy that one of the world's largest airlines is unable to get seats for 5 planes in a year.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:15 pm

Yes, I know the official story from Delta. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. DL has owned these for a year. I don't buy that one of the world's largest airlines is unable to get seats for 5 planes in a year.
It's not about getting the seats, it's about certification. Once they are certified, it doesn't take much time at all. But safety certification can be a very lengthy process.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
It's not about getting the seats, it's about certification. Once they are certified, it doesn't take much time at all. But safety certification can be a very lengthy process.
That's interesting. I don't know anything at all about how the certification process works. How much of a change requires re-certification? I take it from the context of this discussion that IFE/Seats don't require certification, but other things like overhead bins and lavs do?
Old May 24, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Old May 24, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Is this the configuration where first, plus a few rows of C+ are ahead of the boarding door, and there are another few rows of C+ and the rest of coach behind the boarding door? I am on one of those now from ATL-LAX and find it to be a configuration I haven't seen yet. The front coach small galley is a lavatory and there is a "jog" in the aisle from the front to the rear of the boarding door (kind of like the MD90).

I can't imagine that the deplaning process is going to go smoothly, C+ will deplane first (split between the front and rear of the boarding door), and then F will presumably mix in with the first few rows behind C+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.