Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Not yet but may be getting close... do they remind you or is it just a bad surprise when you don't get it?
GE sends email reminders about renewal, apparently at about six months and then again at about three months before expiration. It's apparently important to submit the renewal before your GE actually expires, even by one day.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The CLEAR site has a Delta-specific page:

https://clearme.com/delta/

unfortunately it's in that crappy style that's all the rage nowadays, where there a series of gigantic vertical pages with one sparse crumb of information per page but if you scroll all the way to the bottom there's a tiny "Clear + Delta FAQ's" link that uses an astonishing number of words simply to say "We have no useful information available to give you yet" over and over again.

The cached version of the site in the Google search results has one additional question in the FAQ:

Question: I am a Delta U.S. Diamond Medallion member and want to redeem my free CLEAR membership. Can you help me please?

Answer: We're thrilled to be providing complimentary membership to Delta’s Diamond Medallion members. Stay tuned for more information on how to take advantage of your Medallion benefit in the coming weeks.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
GE sends email reminders about renewal, apparently at about six months and then again at about three months before expiration. It's apparently important to submit the renewal before your GE actually expires, even by one day.
Oddly, if you are also a Nexus member, not only can't your renew GE (why would you want to) but the system is smart enough to not send the email. For those unfamiliar, Nexus is the Canadian version of GE, and the systems are reciprocal.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Oddly, if you are also a Nexus member, not only can't your renew GE (why would you want to) but the system is smart enough to not send the email. For those unfamiliar, Nexus is the Canadian version of GE, and the systems are reciprocal.
Americans can also get NEXUS and it is far cheaper than GE (50 CAD for NEXUS vs 100 USD for GE-a 60% discount.)
NEXUS also allows GE use, as stated.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
By the way, I'm on my second GE membership and damn proud of it. How many of you have had to renew?
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Me also.
And me. I just got the card in the mail the other day. Gotta figure out how to renew nexus now.
Old May 1, 2016, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Americans can also get NEXUS and it is far cheaper than GE (50 CAD for NEXUS vs 100 USD for GE-a 60% discount.)
NEXUS also allows GE use, as stated.
However, it can cost much more than $50 to go to/near Canada for the Nexus part of the interview and eyeball scan. If only it were possible to apply for Nexus, but use the GE benefits until you can complete the Canadian requirements for the full Nexus.
Old May 1, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: delta dm
However, it can cost much more than $50 to go to/near Canada for the Nexus part of the interview and eyeball scan. If only it were possible to apply for Nexus, but use the GE benefits until you can complete the Canadian requirements for the full Nexus.
Wish I would have any kind of fast entry last time I was in YUL. I landed at the same time all the heavies landed from Europe most notably the AF heavy and there was an hour line to clear immigration. About 3 people went through Nexus as the Nexus stations lay empty.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:51 am

Having both is great but there is the added complication of getting to a CBP office for the interview at renewal time.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
I wonder if Clear will grant the "family discount" to DMs.....
Old May 2, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by sdix
Having both is great but there is the added complication of getting to a CBP office for the interview at renewal time.
When I started my renewal I couldn't even get an interview in YYC until well after the date on the Nexus form but they said it's been renewed in the system and the rest can happen in course (extending after the expiration from the Nexus renewal form). I also found out that they can take renewals out of band as a walk-in if they are not overburdened at that time since it's a very short process. Other centers might be the same.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I didn't see the DL press release posted here yet. In it they state a plan to bring CLEAR to DL hubs.

http://news.delta.com/delta-and-clear-partner-improve-airport-experience

If CLEAR comes to ATL I will reactivate my card for sure. Those Monday pre lines are out of control...
Old May 16, 2016, 12:53 pm

Delta + Clear partnership

Seems like Delta is partnering with Clear to get it's passengers around long TSA lines:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/aviati...es-ed-bastian/
https://www.clearme.com/delta/

This seems like a strange move. Is there any advantage for having Clear over PreCheck? Clear is $179 a year and all it does is jump you to the head of the standard line. Seems like PreCheck is a much better investment (anywhere from $50-100 for 5 years depending on how you sign up)...
Old May 16, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by danib62
Seems like Delta is partnering with Clear to get it's passengers around long TSA lines:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/aviati...es-ed-bastian/
https://www.clearme.com/delta/

This seems like a strange move. Is there any advantage for having Clear over PreCheck? Clear is $179 a year and all it does is jump you to the head of the standard line. Seems like PreCheck is a much better investment (anywhere from $50-100 for 5 years depending on how you sign up)...
It's not completely clear , but it looks like they take you to the front of the PreCheck line. I guess if you live in one of the few cities that has it, it could be worth it. It is supposed to be complimentary for DM.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:06 pm

I've yet to wait for more than 5 mins in a PC line so it just seems of very limited utility compared to PC especially when you factor in cost. Seems like DL could get much better bang for their buck by partnering with the TSA and handing PC memberships like candy.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
As others have said it appears as though Clear gets you to the front of any TSA Pre Check line, I suppose that could be an advantage to a business flyer whose business would pay without questioning. Clear also mentions being used at stadiums and other areas. MLB for sure, and I think the NHL are requiring screening for all fans. I could see more of a benefit for this to myself as I attend at least 10, and often 20+ major sporting events each year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.