Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by krlcomm
What "sucks" about it? Other than the fact that it's only available in a couple of airports? It actually works quite well IMO and it's a lot less crowded than some PreCheck lines. Tell an MCO regular that it "sucks" and they'll laugh at you as they go through security in 2-3 minutes while you're stuck in the ridiculous TSA line.
^^^
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO it would be fine if the airports I use have a CLEAR PreCheck line, but if using CLEAR means that I can't use PreCheck, I'm much less interested.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO it would be fine if the airports I use have a CLEAR PreCheck line, but if using CLEAR means that I can't use PreCheck, I'm much less interested.
You can do both CLEAR and PreCheck. The CLEAR line just bypasses any line ahead of the TSA ID checker and dumps you right at the PreCheck xray belt.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I'll take it if it's free, but I don;t expect that CLEAR will ultimately make it - where ver I do see it, I wonder how the person working it keeps their sanity.

Of course, maybe people watching at checkpoints is not all that bad...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
THIS... So if you CLEAR haters want to use PRE, that is perfectly fine with me

I am happy to have the CLEAR line to myself.

I am MCO based, so CLEAR has been a life saver.
Seriously folks, why are we trying to educate the ignorant? I remember how livid I was when Scott McCartney wrote an article in the Journal about Global Entry in 2010. Maybe we should just keep quiet?

By the way, I'm on my second GE membership and damn proud of it. How many of you have had to renew?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker

By the way, I'm on my second GE membership and damn proud of it. How many of you have had to renew?
Me also.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Me also.
Well done! But do you have a grandfathered unlimited AT&T iPad data plan?

#firstadopter

Jamie
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:03 am

At SJC - depending on time of day the pre-check line can be long.

Clear works great here. Even though it's to the far left and pre is far right The clear employee walks you from their machines behind the TSA agents to front of the X-ray machine.

I still get dirty looks from those in line but car to gate in a couple of minutes is priceless.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Ive already offered my retinas and fingerprints to big brother for nexus/GE.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdix
At SJC - depending on time of day the pre-check line can be long.

Clear works great here. Even though it's to the far left and pre is far right The clear employee walks you from their machines behind the TSA agents to front of the X-ray machine.

I still get dirty looks from those in line but car to gate in a couple of minutes is priceless.
Then do you send your body through the nude-o-scope or not when you use CLEAR with this setup?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then do you send your body through the nude-o-scope or not when you use CLEAR with this setup?
No - you go thru Clear and they take you to the pre-check area so usually it's the normal metal detector.

The Clear employee walks you behind the TSA check and waves my BP at the TSA agents and he/she waves us past....
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Looks like Delta is looking ahead to the day when the Pre-Check lines are saturated and a way will be needed to bypass them. Clear is the way to do that. I am also wondering if the airlines will start cutting back on non-Pre-Check elite lines, which I believe they pay to have staffed. Clear will be a way to bypass the regular lines. Always liked Clear in its earlier incarnation.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Seriously folks, why are we trying to educate the ignorant? I remember how livid I was when Scott McCartney wrote an article in the Journal about Global Entry in 2010. Maybe we should just keep quiet?

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Me also.
Me three...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026
Looks like Delta is looking ahead to the day when the Pre-Check lines are saturated and a way will be needed to bypass them. Clear is the way to do that. I am also wondering if the airlines will start cutting back on non-Pre-Check elite lines, which I believe they pay to have staffed. Clear will be a way to bypass the regular lines. Always liked Clear in its earlier incarnation.
This is exactly what's happening here. With the democratization of PreCheck it gets out of control at times. At MCO, people who have flown twice in their lives end up in PreCheck with no idea what it is and then hold up the line while trying to take their shoes off and panicking when there are no bins for the xray belt. At peak hours at ATL, not unusual to see PreCheck line waits of 15 mins or so. Not to mention if you ever travel with your non-PreCheck family, you can't really use it....

I'm not at a point where I would pay for Clear, but I do see the value in some cases when you're in a hurry and PreCheck is long. If it comes as a free benefit for being DM, why not?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL DM PM

Not yet but may be getting close... do they remind you or is it just a bad surprise when you don't get it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.