Search

CDG Transfer times and process

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Did you make it?
They held the flight 15 minutes longer, or else I would not have. I wasn't the last person on the plane. I cut the queue by at least 20-30 minutes by pleading my case with an airport agent along with other people trying to catch the 1030 to SFO on AF. Most of those folks missed the flight.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
They held the flight 15 minutes longer, or else I would not have. I wasn't the last person on the plane. I cut the queue by at least 20-30 minutes by pleading my case with an airport agent along with other people trying to catch the 1030 to SFO on AF. Most of those folks missed the flight.
Glad you made it. They have been holding the flights due to these situations, but the airport agents are usually indifferent and tell you that the airline will rebook you if you miss the flight.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Ok Updated question.
Still going ATL/ CDG/NCE and worried about the 1:05 connection between CDG and NCE. Since I am now only Silver I wont have priority lane access and with possible increased security at CDG does it make sense just to call and see if Delta will move my CDG to Nice flight to the next one out?
This will give me 2:35 instead of 1:05.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold
Well, normally the connection should work as stated in previous posts.

Question yourself:
Can you still stay relaxed on a night flight, even if you're departing with a slight delay from ATL and trust that AF properly manages onward transportation in case you really miss the connection? Then keep it as it is.
If you think you would watch out for the expected arrival time whole night, you may should try to switch. 1.5 hours later is still ok with respect to waiting time at the airport. Even if waiting for a connection after long-haul is never fun.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
I hate CDG. There, I've said it. (I do however, love Paris.) I've never done long-haul to long-haul, only long-haul to intra Europe or vice-versa. I want very much to support my local transatlantic flight, SLC-CDG, but honestly I am always anxious until the connection (either way) is made. I'm at about at 70% success rate over the last three years, but the anxiety factor is always 100%. I simply won't accept a connection of less than two hours and even then I can't tell you how many times I've been one of the last on the plane.

A good friend does SLC-Europe 6-7 time a year. Due to his company's travel policy he usually needs to take the nonstop in order to buy a Delta One seat (consecutive hours on ONE airplane.) He's given up on trying to make same-day connections intra-Europe to the U.S. He flies in the night before and gets a room at an airport hotel.

I'm doing SLC-FCO as well this summer. I was really glad that KLM has added SLC-AMS service, I've booked my trip on KLM metal through AMS, an airport I do like. I know I could have also used Delta but I have to admit, I prefer KLM. It's nice to have another option.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Was thru CDG twice last week and it was painful to say the least. Glad to see that at least they efficiently moved pax with a connection up the queue, however between the bottle neck at customs, bottle neck at 1st security...bottle neck at back drop...then bottleneck at real security i wouldn't be happy with an hour, knowing what i know now.
Enjoy NCE!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by celticanvil
Was thru CDG twice last week and it was painful to say the least. Glad to see that at least they efficiently moved pax with a connection up the queue, however between the bottle neck at customs, bottle neck at 1st security...bottle neck at back drop...then bottleneck at real security i wouldn't be happy with an hour, knowing what i know now.
Enjoy NCE!
Could you please clarify what your connection was?

AFAIK customs only happens at the final destination.

Is there more than one security check when transiting CDG now?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
Could you please clarify what your connection was?

AFAIK customs only happens at the final destination.

Is there more than one security check when transiting CDG now?
in this case i think there is a confusion between customs and immigration. the poster above was likely referring to passport control/immigration.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So it turns out it was a fight to get two friends from coach into the Air France lounge at 2F in CDG. They finally relented after showing them Delta's website that shows an executive member can bring in two guests. They let our friends in this time but made it clear we can only bring in one guest. Not sure where the disconnect is.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:45 pm

Tight connection AF to Delta at CDG

Hi,
I am traveling on a 7am AF flight Florence to CDG in September. Have a 95 minute connection time for Delta flight CDG to JFK. I know CDG is difficult to navigate and am wondering if I have enough time. Also if anyone has any tips. The 7am flight is on a Sunday. Thanks and hope this is the correct thread for my query.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Shouldn't be an issue. You will need to clear exit immigration at CDG. However on A Sunday morning it shouldn't be an issue. There's multiple codeshares on AF if you don't make the DL CDG/JFK flight.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:15 am

Hello. Any data points for Friday mornings? I arrive at CDG from VCE at 8:45am and depart for DTW at 10:20.

There has been a slight schedule change affecting my itinerary (it was originally a 110-minute layover). While the website warns me that I may miss my connection, the new 95-minute layover is still not quite narrow enough to warrant a change (per calling Delta, who explained 75 minutes would enable me to make a change).

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Auston
Hello. Any data points for Friday mornings? I arrive at CDG from VCE at 8:45am and depart for DTW at 10:20.

There has been a slight schedule change affecting my itinerary (it was originally a 110-minute layover). While the website warns me that I may miss my connection, the new 95-minute layover is still not quite narrow enough to warrant a change (per calling Delta, who explained 75 minutes would enable me to make a change).

Thanks.
In my experience, it could be tight. If you're still standing in the passport line 50 mins before your departure time for DTW, you will need to be forceful with the line minders. It will help if you speak French.

I often have a 60-75 minute connection from AGP inbound to the LAX outbound. I miss it about 30% of the time due to exit immigration.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
In my experience, it could be tight. If you're still standing in the passport line 50 mins before your departure time for DTW, you will need to be forceful with the line minders. It will help if you speak French.

I often have a 60-75 minute connection from AGP inbound to the LAX outbound. I miss it about 30% of the time due to exit immigration.
Thank you, PV. Good idea on speaking French.

Does having Sky Priority have any benefits, line-wise? We're not in Business or D1, but I want to plan for the process, as I will be traveling with my family/children.

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:44 pm

Tight connection at CDG

Thanks very much for the good info, flyer CO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.