Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by rwoman
...it is NOT a Sky Club.
Not only is this true, Arrivals lounges are not SkyTeam lounges. So even someone with top tier in airlines like AF or KL.cannot get in based on alliance alone.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
Just to use the arrivals lounge?

If you're thinking you'll just go airside and then leave to exit the airport, I'm not sure you can just do so and then exit the airport as I think you'd need to clear the UK border to exit.

It's not like US airports where you can just leave.
In my case I meant flying out of England.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Can you really not tolerate one hour without a lounge? There are places to get food and drink in the arrivals waiting area at T3. Consider it the beginning of your cultural immersion in England.
Originally Posted by marcworld
No. I really can't.

I'm sure that sounds grotesquely obnoxious to the outside world but I figured there's at least a few sympathizers here on FT.
Not obnoxious, just not adaptable or adventurous. A cautious traveler who doesn't like to deal with unknowns.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
In my case I meant flying out of England.
Yes, and you just cannot exit the airport as you would in the USA.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I think ill drop this request in this thread:

Ill be on DL10 MSP-LHR arriving terminal 3. Delta One
Ill have a two hour connection. Separate tickets
Ill be on KL1010 LHR-AMS departing terminal 4. Coach

Given the recent reshuffling of delta gates from 4 to 3 a lot of the info has become stale quick.

I believe my connection is comfortable but tight and leaves no room to hang out in terminal 3 at the Virgin Revivals. I think i need to deplane and get to terminal 4.

Being that the DL arrivals lounge is closed in terminal 4. Will the SkyTeam lounge in terminal 4 give me access based on my incoming DL flight or banish be due to my connecting flight in coach.

Depending on the answer above should i try to breeze through the Virgin Revivals or will i be cutting it to close.

In particular I am keen to grab a quick shower and/or bite to eat (i am quick like a ninja).

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Are you STE+ (GM or higher)? If so then you'll get access to the lounge. You should be able to get access since youre coming in on J.

Regardless by the time you deplane, get to the bus, get brought over to T4, get off bus, clear security, and make it to the gate you'll not have any time to really use the lounge. You definitely most likely won't be taking a shower.

Make sure to have the DL checkin agent interline your bags. This way you don't need to clear immigration and customs, pickup, transfer terminals, and recheck. With bags interlined you can jist goto to the cpnnections process as i just described. KLM is one of the airline's DL will interline to on separate tickets. They just need your KLM flight number and confirmation code. They may even be able to issue a BP for the flight. If not you can get it after transferring to T4, right after security.

BTW Revivals is a no go. You'll need to clear immigration and customs. It's on the outside part of the terminal, basically over close to the parking garage.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:48 am

Smile

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Are you STE+ (GM or higher)? If so then you'll get access to the lounge. You should be able to get access since youre coming in on J.

Regardless by the time you deplane, get to the bus, get brought over to T4, get off bus, clear security, and make it to the gate you'll not have any time to really use the lounge. You definitely most likely won't be taking a shower.

Make sure to have the DL checkin agent interline your bags. This way you don't need to clear immigration and customs, pickup, transfer terminals, and recheck. With bags interlined you can jist goto to the cpnnections process as i just described. KLM is one of the airline's DL will interline to on separate tickets. They just need your KLM flight number and confirmation code. They may even be able to issue a BP for the flight. If not you can get it after transferring to T4, right after security.

BTW Revivals is a no go. You'll need to clear immigration and customs. It's on the outside part of the terminal, basically over close to the parking garage.

Thank you for the prompt run down.
Unfortunatly i have been playing the field and am without status currently.

Well if I wont have time to shower--I guess there are worse things in the world

No bag checking for me but that you for the info. Good to note.

Well I guess this is a standard connection with no fun stuff in-between then.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I posted this in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27353075 thread but never heard back so thought I'd take a shot here:

As a PM flying in Y DTW-LHR, I realize I have access to the VS revivals lounge when we land, but will my (non status) companion? Anyone with recent experience?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I posted this in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27353075 thread but never heard back so thought I'd take a shot here:

As a PM flying in Y DTW-LHR, I realize I have access to the VS revivals lounge when we land, but will my (non status) companion? Anyone with recent experience?
No guests permitted in revivals.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
No guests permitted in revivals.
Thank you.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM
I have a slight variation to MSPSKI's situation.

This week I will be flying into LHR on DL36, arriving in to terminal 3. Flying D1 on an award ticket, continuing on to CDG on AF out of terminal 4 (same reservation). My layover is over 3 hours, so not a time crunch.

I am trying to figure if and how to use the Virgin Clubhouse once I land. Delta already sent me an email telling me I have access. Since I am on one reservation, I should not need to go through immigration and customs, and my bags should be checked through, correct? When I exit the plane, do I just follow signs for flight connections, and eventually I should be able to find the lounge?

Also, I know there is a connection bus between terminals 3 & 4. This is airside, correct? From what I can find, when I get to terminal 4, I think I need to go through security screening. How much will the terminal transfer and security screening take?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I have a slight variation to MSPSKI's situation.

This week I will be flying into LHR on DL36, arriving in to terminal 3. Flying D1 on an award ticket, continuing on to CDG on AF out of terminal 4 (same reservation). My layover is over 3 hours, so not a time crunch.

I am trying to figure if and how to use the Virgin Clubhouse once I land. Delta already sent me an email telling me I have access. Since I am on one reservation, I should not need to go through immigration and customs, and my bags should be checked through, correct? When I exit the plane, do I just follow signs for flight connections, and eventually I should be able to find the lounge?

Also, I know there is a connection bus between terminals 3 & 4. This is airside, correct? From what I can find, when I get to terminal 4, I think I need to go through security screening. How much will the terminal transfer and security screening take?

While not an expert I did do it this morning so its fresh in my mind.
As FlyerCO noted above and i found to be true; the revivals lounge is not realistic.

Others will chime in regarding the Virgin Clubhouse but i dont believe it would be possible because you would have to clear security to enter terminal 3 for departures, which you wont have a ticket for.

Basically when you land your dumped into a series of sterile hallways directing you to either exit, terminal 2 & 4, or terminal 5. Correct regarding the bus, it is "airside" but really like a middle ground because you have not cleared customs or immigration and still have to clear security again. You will clear what was a small security area (only for connecting pax) and be funneled into terminal 4. Even though there was only 8 people in line it was slow moving.

You are correct that your bags will be checked through. Which is a good option; the Brits are ridiculous regarding liquids and will pull your bag for eye drops, hence the slow moving line.

While i did not use the Skyteam lounge in terminal 4 I have found it in the past to be enjoyable and large, two floors if i remember correctly.

My total transfer from plane to clearing security was about 40 min. 6 min waiting for the bus and 15+ min was spent riding the bus in circles; first you stop at 2 to drop off, then 4 to pick up, then a long ride to 4 to drop off.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPSKI
While not an expert I did do it this morning so its fresh in my mind.
As FlyerCO noted above and i found to be true; the revivals lounge is not realistic.

Others will chime in regarding the Virgin Clubhouse but i dont believe it would be possible because you would have to clear security to enter terminal 3 for departures, which you wont have a ticket for.

Basically when you land your dumped into a series of sterile hallways directing you to either exit, terminal 2 & 4, or terminal 5. Correct regarding the bus, it is "airside" but really like a middle ground because you have not cleared customs or immigration and still have to clear security again. You will clear what was a small security area (only for connecting pax) and be funneled into terminal 4. Even though there was only 8 people in line it was slow moving.

You are correct that your bags will be checked through. Which is a good option; the Brits are ridiculous regarding liquids and will pull your bag for eye drops, hence the slow moving line.

While i did not use the Skyteam lounge in terminal 4 I have found it in the past to be enjoyable and large, two floors if i remember correctly.

My total transfer from plane to clearing security was about 40 min. 6 min waiting for the bus and 15+ min was spent riding the bus in circles; first you stop at 2 to drop off, then 4 to pick up, then a long ride to 4 to drop off.
Correct, no access to clubhouse since connecting flight is from T4. There's no way to get to the clubhouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.