Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February at the Delta Museum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Cool February at the Delta Museum

Surplus sale this Friday 2/12. Get your seats, shirts, tumblers, and more. Get the MD-88 FC seats, and start your own FCM program.

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/mu...r/surplus-sale

Then Hops in the Hanger on 2/27. Unhappily due to FCM, all the First Class seats are already sold.

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/mu...he-hangar-2016

Cheers,
David
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Surplus sale this Friday 2/12. Get your seats, shirts, tumblers, and more. Get the MD-88 FC seats, and start your own FCM program.
Hmm I have a connection in ATL on Friday. I wonder if I can leave the airport, buy an MD-88 seat, and take it as my carry-on on my MD-90 flight.

Then Hops in the Hanger on 2/27. Unhappily due to FCM, all the First Class seats are already sold.
This is pretty much my two favorite things in one. I'm seriously considering taking a trip to ATL for this. Unfortunately, I don't think my better half can get off work for it.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Hmm I have a connection in ATL on Friday. I wonder if I can leave the airport, buy an MD-88 seat, and take it as my carry-on on my MD-90 flight.
Atlanta to Dayton is less than a day's drive. Hop off in ATL, rent a truck, pick up the seats, and drive back to Dayton. I did this in 2014 during one of the surplus sales to get a set of old BE seats from a 767. Flew down to ATL one-way. Overnighted at the Renaissance (always wanted to do that!) and then drove back to Dayton with the seats the following day. You will need either a pick-up truck or U-Haul style van as the seats will not fit in a minivan.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: delta dm

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/mu...r/surplus-sale

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/mu...he-hangar-2016

Cheers,
David
Is that an ashtray i see in that seat hahaha...those would make great seats for the movie theater seating in the basement☺👍
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
those would make great seats for the movie theater seating in the basement☺��
I remember a bar / night club in Berlin that has / had them around the perimeter of a room with a pool table in the center and a big screen TV in the middle on the wall!

Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I miss those coach seats. They were much more comfortable than the new seats that have all the comforts of an old iron park bench.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dzflyer
those would make great seats for the movie theater seating in the basement☺👍
That's how I have mine set-up - for use in the "man cave" to watch movies and play on the PS3. Too bad I'm not good with electronics or I'd figure out how to wire up the BE seats I have to make use of the recline function.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Too bad I'm not good with electronics or I'd figure out how to wire up the BE seats I have to make use of the recline function.
Can you gift yourself miles if they don't work?!?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
Can you gift yourself miles if they don't work?!?

Maybe I should also buy some coach seats to set up behind the BE seats. I'll put any DMs that come over to the house in the Y seats and let my FO wife (or a DL employee friend) sit in the BE seat. Then I can listen to the DMs cry "Shena!" in my basement.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:38 pm

Maybe I should also buy some coach seats to set up behind the BE seats. I'll put any DMs that come over to the house in the Y seats and let my FO wife (or a DL employee friend) sit in the BE seat. Then I can listen to the DMs cry "Shena!" in my basement.
Make sure you tell the employee friends that they hafto come over - IN UNIFORM with their photo IDs around their necks! . . . for authenticity!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
Make sure you tell the employee friends that they hafto come over - IN UNIFORM with their photo IDs around their necks! . . . for authenticity!
Even better would be if it was friends OF a DL employee
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:18 pm

Even better would be if it was friends OF a DL employee
That would NEVER happen!!!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm friends with some DL employees and it's never gotten me an upgrade.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

You could always rank your friends and put them on an "upgrade list" for the fancy seats whenever they come to your home theater. Just be sure to let them know that if they enter the theater before you process the upgrade list that they will lose their upgrade chance and have to sit in the regular seats. Friends with a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend will of course be placed below single friends on the upgrade list since companion upgrades will clear last.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

If anyone asks for a drink, remind them that you are there for their safety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.