Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February at the Delta Museum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Sadly, when future generations hear "Northwest", rather than thinking of the proud airline that graced the sky with DC-9s and DC-10s across nearly half a century, they'll think one is referring to Kim and Kanye's daughter.
Or if referred to as Dave did:

Although that may be just as sadly irrelevant now too. The movie might help maintain relevance though. LOL.

Last edited by sky303; Feb 12, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Well, true, that, NWA that we refer to here is TOTALLY different from the one you'll find on urbandictionary.com.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
They need to find a way to have one of these sales at CVG someday. Much closer.

I'll do you one better for the movie intro:

edit- I guess you might have to lead the movie in with Delta Destinations. (I meant to get the "Feature Presentation" intro (out of complete boredom HNL-DTW) and never did.)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by sky303
For the surplus sale this month to get so much hype was odd. Other than the seats and a couple carts, there really wasn't nearly as much as usual.
My apologies, I don't know that there really was a lot of hype. I just picked up the announcement on the museum page and posted it here.

I figured somebody might be transiting ATL or might be interested.

Sorry about that.

David
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
My apologies, I don't know that there really was a lot of hype. I just picked up the announcement on the museum page and posted it here.

I figured somebody might be transiting ATL or might be interested.

Sorry about that.

David
LOL no not that you were hyping it, moreso the Museum. They were sharing it on Facebook and their events page made it out to be something great, but they do it every month. I think profit sharing day may have had something to do with it. Thing is once the carts and seats were gone the room was kind of bare and there was less room to put different items than in the past because of the real estate lost. It would have been cool to see some FTers!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
OK, another surplus sale tomorrow:

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/ev...r/surplus-sale

This is a monthly thing for the museum.

Our April Surplus Sale will take place on Friday, the 8th (second Friday of the month), 9am-2pm. For sale will be full and half-size galley carts (no drawers), metal carrier boxes, golf shirts, and much more.

Also, onboard flatware will be reduced to its lowest price of the century - 6 pieces for $1. We have dinner knives, butter knives, salad forks, and teaspoons. Sorry, but we have no dinner forks.

For more information about surplus sales, please email our Manager of Surplus & Volunteers, Judy Bean at [email protected].

Surplus Sales take place the second Friday of each month from 9am to 2pm in the Museum Support Building (MSB) across from Hangar 1. These sales are a fundraiser for the Museum and feature vintage and surplus items not available in the Museum Store. They're a treasure hunt each time - you never know what you'll find.

David
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Happenings at the Museum in the next month:

TOMORROW 10/01: The 30th annual collectible show and sale. Admission only $5.

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/ev...-show-and-sale

10/11: DC-3 tour:

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/ev...3-ship-41-tour

10/14: Surplus sale (museum will be closed that day):

http://www.deltamuseum.org/events/ev...r/surplus-sale

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.