Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Come No Warm Nuts Pre-Departure in Delta 1?

How Come No Warm Nuts Pre-Departure in Delta 1?

Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
To avoid getting the thread locked - I did appreciate being on AA a couple of months back and getting warm nuts.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Cookies are no good for you. One of those cookies has enough sodium and calories to make your belly bulge big time. I always say NO to the cookie.

Warm nuts, again to much sodium. Those things have enough salt on them to blow your belly up and, make you extremely dehydrated right from the get go. Say no to the warm nuts. I always do!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller
A few years ago I ate my seatmate's warm nuts while he was sleeping. He was annoyed when he woke up. I would have been annoyed too, I don't know why I did this.
Instant Classic.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Does anyone like tea with their nuts?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:13 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Warm nuts, again to much sodium. Those things have enough salt on them to blow your belly up and, make you extremely dehydrated
I feel quite certain, that, many on here would LUV to have an excuse to drink another Woodford or 3!

Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
I feel quite certain, that, many on here would LUV to have an excuse to drink another Woodford or 3!

IMHO - warm nuts, salted nuts, whatever do NOT pair well with Woodford. Beer or Gin and Tonic do - IMHO.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
IMHO - warm nuts, salted nuts, whatever do NOT pair well with Woodford. Beer or Gin and Tonic do - IMHO.
Well, it shows exactly how much I know about fancy liquors!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, it shows exactly how much I know about fancy liquors!
Dark chocolate covered nuts and raisins however - they pair brilliantly IMHO.

BTW still have not stopped laughing at the passenger who ate the other passengers warm nuts. An all time classic and I will not say much more because this thread needs preserving - not locking.

---Fancy liquors don't get me started !!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:05 pm

This thread doesn't need locked . . . . Maybe one of these in the first post . . . .

Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:09 pm
k2

Originally Posted by Zorak
I've met a few that do.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Beer splattered across the screen.

Does my Dell warranty cover this?
about 20 people started staring at me as I started laughing out loud while in a restaurant

That was so funny. I just visualized you "eating" his nuts and him waking up half way through
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Originally Posted by Zorak
No. I, much like the OP, prefer whine.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigsaabowski
No. I, much like the OP, prefer whine.
I thought that went with cheese?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Beer splattered across the screen.
Originally Posted by beckoa
Dear God. I'm LOL'ing on this one onboard my AS flight. People are looking over . Good thing I had no beer or I'd be wearing it!
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
BTW still have not stopped laughing at the passenger who ate the other passengers warm nuts. An all time classic and I will not say much more because this thread needs preserving - not locking.
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
about 20 people started staring at me as I started laughing out loud while in a restaurant

That was so funny. I just visualized you "eating" his nuts and him waking up half way through
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Instant Classic.
And I'm female (but Dovster prefers my sister), this really did happen, I was so hungry and was hoping that he would wake up after the FA had collected the empty dishes....

Does anyone remember the bagged almonds that Delta used to have in first? I loved those!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.