Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Your Flight Has Been Cancelled, But We Are Offering a Bus"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Your Flight Has Been Cancelled, But We Are Offering a Bus"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Bus, plane, pontoon boat, train, car, donkey cart, etc.

WHO CARES AS LONG AS YOU GET WHERE YOUR GOING?????????????
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I had that happen in TOL before. One time on a NW tol/dtw passengers they cancelled a flight and bussed everyone up. Wasn't a big deal for me since I made my connection but it was a pain for people without status since they had to deal with the longer security lines at DTW. Another time DL cancelled the TOL/CVG/ATL/LAX flight I was on and they paid for a car service to send me and another guy who I believe was flying to Miami to DTW. I didn't mind it that time, I ended up making it to LAX a lot earlier since they put me on a DTW/LAX non-stop
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Never happened to me but did happen to a former boss. He was on a Midwest flight MKE-MCI and got diverted to TUL because of fog - 7 hour bus ride ensued. eeekk
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Years ago, I was on standby CVG-IND and it cancelled and a bus was offered. Since I was standby, I wasn't actually entitled to it but I got on the bus anyway. I watched the lady count three or four times the passenger count and I knew she couldn't wrap her ahead around the fact that there was actually too many people on the bus. And then, on the way, the bus broke down.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris

Yo think it would have been acceptable if DL had given me a printout of a map of souterrn Cal, with a walking route between LAX and SAN marked ?
That too would have got me where I was going...
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Many years ago with a sleet and snow storm at MSP, NW consolidated the LAX, ONT, and SNA flights to a single wide body to LAX. Then bussed passengers from LAX to ONT and SNA. Better than overnighting at the airport at MSP.
PMNW kept that old extra 747-200 parked at MSP and deployed it strategically to cope with IROPs such as this. One summer I flew it three times, including one extremely windy Friday afternoon when all of the ORD-MSP and MSP-ORD flights were cancelling. NW sent the nice big heavy 747 down to Chicago to fetch us and bring us home for the weekend. I got a seat on the upper deck.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 2, 2016 at 2:32 pm Reason: type
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PMNW kept that old extra 747-200 parked at MSP and deployed it strategically to cope with IROPs such as this. One summer I flew it three times, including one extremely windy Friday afternoon when all of the ORD-ORD flights were cancelling. NW sent the nice big heavy 747 down to Chicago to fetch us and bring us home for the weekend. I got a seat on the upper deck.
Nice ^
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:23 pm

Smile

A dying man in the desert finds a magic lamp. The man rubs the lamp and a jinni that grants wishes appears.
The man says, “I want to get home.”
The jinni takes the man’s hand says, “Let’s go,” and they start walking.
The man says, “No, I want to get home fast.”
The jinni says, “Ok, let’s run, then.”
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Did you still get your choice of peanuts, pretzels, or Biscoff?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM
I rode the bus CSG-ATL twice when that flight was cancelled. The bus is an upgrade from the CR2 that's on this flight.

It's one thing to do this at a small station, but I can't imagine the logistics at a big place like LAX or MSP.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The experience beats my last AA IROP: Your flight has been cancelled. All flights tomorrow are booked. Come back the day after tomorrow. No kidding.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

So you would be totally cool if Delta cancelled your flight in F and sent you on a donkey cart instead? Or made you float on an inner tube down the river from MSP to MSY?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The experience beats my last AA IROP: Your flight has been cancelled. All flights tomorrow are booked. Come back the day after tomorrow. No kidding.
I have had that on AA. One factor that keeps me at DL.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Not limited to Delta either. I've been bused from ORD-MKE on AA and also heard US offering buses from CLT-FAY.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:53 am

I had that happen once when scheduled to fly American Eagle from LAX to SAN, during the October 2003 San Diego fires. It was raining soot outside my hotel La Jolla, and most of the people I was supposed to meet with stayed home on to spray water on their roofs. The skies had cleared enough for me to fly out the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.