Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Gold; ANZ Gold
Originally Posted by matthew64832
What lounge access are you getting on AS? I thought they didn't even let SkyClub members in anymore, let alone elites.
Purchased FC, possibly? U fares not eligible, but all others in the front are.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
My husband and I both received our DM Credentials today (Monday 1/25). We live in Seattle, WA.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
Funny. I remember when this happened:
Delta's mistake: They wrote that the card production process has been "streamlined", but they only meant it has been "enhanced".

Originally Posted by RealHJ
The card is often photocopied or scanned, and then I think it's copy is sent as proof of eligibility when the lounge operating airline sends the bill to DL for it (e.g. the AF lounge at NRT always photocopies the card). It's likely not their doing but I would bet it's DL insisting that if they don't have a copy of the physical card, that DL is not going to pay them for their pax lounge visit. And then that very same DL purposefully shortens the Medallion year and year after year fails to send out the cards on time (last year my DM card, and I was qualified for 2016 already back in 2014, only was mailed out in late March; this year I wonder will DL even send it out before April - they seem to do it the slowest for the highest tiers).
In 10+ years of accessing partner lounges I don't recall my card being scanned, or copied, a single time.
Delta could very easily inform partner airlines that the electronic card is valid, especially in the months of February and March, instead of wasting their energy in streamlining the production process any further.

Last edited by thesaints; Jan 25, 2016 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
The card is often photocopied or scanned, and then I think it's copy is sent as proof of eligibility when the lounge operating airline sends the bill to DL for it (e.g. the AF lounge at NRT always photocopies the card). It's likely not their doing but I would bet it's DL insisting that if they don't have a copy of the physical card, that DL is not going to pay them for their pax lounge visit. And then that very same DL purposefully shortens the Medallion year and year after year fails to send out the cards on time (last year my DM card, and I was qualified for 2016 already back in 2014, only was mailed out in late March; this year I wonder will DL even send it out before April - they seem to do it the slowest for the highest tiers).
Sadly the NRT AF lounge is gone. (R.I.P. little lounge) It was a nice quiet refuge when the SC next door was too crowded or when one wanted a bit of French food, such as small sandwiches and generally better wine than in the NRT SCs. [The FC section had real champagne on demand.] I especially remember using it when flying back to the USA right after a major incident--I forget whether it was the underwear bomber or the shoe bomber--when everyone in the SC looked grim, stressed and upset to be forced to fly that day.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
UPDATE (from OP): I just received my DM credentials (today!) for this year. Have you started receiving yours? Drink certs are now digital in "My Wallet" online.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by thesaints
In 10+ years of accessing partner lounges I don't recall my card being scanned, or copied, a single time.
Delta could very easily inform partner airlines that the electronic card is valid, especially in the months of February and March, instead of wasting their energy in streamlining the production process any further.
I just remember the AF lounge at NRT every time being so meticulous about photocopying it. They always insisted on it, no matter what. KE lounges never an issue (heck, even when flying on OW or *A airlines KE lounges will usually let me in even though technically they shouldn't, just will courteously ask me to leave if the lounge gets crowded and there's no seats left - as I will always do out of courtesy anyway), or for that matter even getting into another lounge in the airside section if the KE lounge is landside (just ask KE gate staff for invitation card, though technically they have no lounge airside).

But yes, absolutely, DL should require/request other airlines to simply type in and check the medallion # for qualification (provide the tools/access to do so) of l lounge access, vs. stick to the archaic requirement for a physical card that too many still cling to.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
UPDATE (from OP): I just received my DM credentials (today!) for this year. Have you started receiving yours? Drink certs are now digital in "My Wallet" online.
Got mine today too. Saw the same note about drink certs being in "my wallet" so immediately checked both on my PC and via my phone app. Not seeing them either place.

Not really a concern atm since I cashed out a bunch from skybonus the end of last month so I'll give them some time to sort it out.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see my new DM card in the app, but no drink certs in my wallet.

The new electronic ones will have the disadvantage that we won't be able to give them to someone not traveling with us, right? I rarely use mine, but I do try to remember to give them away as appropriate.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The new electronic ones will have the disadvantage that we won't be able to give them to someone not traveling with us, right? I rarely use mine, but I do try to remember to give them away as appropriate.
This is the first thing that crossed my mind as well. Since I won't be able to give them to co-workers (unless we are traveling together) will have to find other ways to use them.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by pleasantsn
I haven't really had issues with no physical card in AMS or CDG, usually the STE+ on the boarding pass is sufficient. Also I have been pleasantly surprised that Priority Pass is encouraging all their lounges to use the digital cards, one less card to keep in my physical wallet. I would guess it's only at some further out partner stations the dragons may want to see the actual card.
Haven't had that issue in either myself however the last time I landed in AMS I didn't get lounge access and was told delta don't pay for arrival access anymore... had to go to pay for a shower in a third party lounge.

It just depends on who you get at the desk always best to have the physical card and not need it.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold

I always forget, and I never use them... I have about 25 expired paper ones by now.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Okay, well I just got my mail and found my DM card. So, good to go for my trip next week! Still not convinced that every medallion is going to get theirs by 1/31 but at least I'm covered.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

Not in my wallet either and I received my credentials today and there was no mention of the HOOU being in my online wallet.

Too bad Delta didn't do what their two competitors did and not have the HOOU and just provide free drinks to their top tiers in Coach.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Not in my wallet either and I received my credentials today and there was no mention of the HOOU being in my online wallet.

Too bad Delta didn't do what their two competitors did and not have the HOOU and just provide free drinks to their top tiers in Coach.
Yeah, that would be nice and would also have the advantage of avoiding some of the complaints about not being "upgraded" into C+ or the dilemma of whether to take the middle seat in C+ for the free drinks and enhanced snack basket.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jacksafar
My husband and I both received our DM Credentials today (Monday 1/25). We live in Seattle, WA.
That explains a lot.

Folks in NYC will receive next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.