Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

UA Giving free meals to elites in Y--will we get HOOU back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

United has announced that all P1k and GS will get to select 1 free food item (including fresh food) and 1 free drink by just showing their card on all domestic Y flights. This is an example of UA offering something that is measurably better than DL (and AA). Any chance of the original HOOU coming back??
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
AA also extends this benefit to EXPs in coach.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good for them, maybe some competition in the Y cabin.

On DL you only get free drinks in C+, and with the upcoming changes even DM's don't get to select that at booking.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Frankly, I think it is UA playing catch-up with DL - first free drinks for GS and 1K, then introduce Budget Fare Class, then free drinks and Choice Menu item for GS and 1K ... UA is already the king of FCM. Makes me wonder if UA is heading down the same road as DL to introduce a C+/E+ fare class of its own.

I will enjoy this change for as long as it lasts but I don't expect it to last very long.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by akcae
AA also extends this benefit to EXPs in coach.
I love this benefit when (rarely) in YC......AA FA's in YC are usually so much better than premium class and go out of their way to take care of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.