Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Select your PM/DM choice benefits here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.html
Print Wikipost

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by npjohnson2
My wife was GM until today and now for 2016 she qualified as an FO. Am I able to gift her GM even though she has FO status?
Your profile shows you are GM. If that's correct, then no. Platinums can gift FO, and Diamonds can gift GM.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by npjohnson2
My wife was GM until today and now for 2016 she qualified as an FO. Am I able to gift her GM even though she has FO status?
Yes, assuming you can gift GM. If she were GM, you couldn't.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL: GM, HH: Gold
Originally Posted by Howste
Your profile shows you are GM. If that's correct, then no. Platinums can gift FO, and Diamonds can gift GM.
Haven't updated that in awhile. DM for 2016
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL: GM, HH: Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
Yes, assuming you can gift GM. If she were GM, you couldn't.
Thank you. Yes, I can gift GM for 2016
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't know where to post this, but I noticed that when I picked my choice benefits, each GUC generated a receipt in my wallet for zero. The DL $200 gift card generated a receipt for $200. Strange.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't know where to post this, but I noticed that when I picked my choice benefits, each GUC generated a receipt in my wallet for zero. The DL $200 gift card generated a receipt for $200. Strange.
There's a spreadsheet behind the wallet. The Amex companion certificate also shows a "value" of $0. I suspect what that column really means is how much cost you can take off a ticket using it. DBC shows the actual value.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
There's a spreadsheet behind the wallet. The Amex companion certificate also shows a "value" of $0. I suspect what that column really means is how much cost you can take off a ticket using it. DBC shows the actual value.
But I also have real receipts for tickets I've purchased in the same section of my wallet and there are no pluses or minuses attached to these things. The system seems to confound debits and credits.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But I also have real receipts for tickets I've purchased in the same section of my wallet and there are no pluses or minuses attached to these things. The system seems to confound debits and credits.
"Trip Receipts" shows me tickets (and their price), "Service Fees" (a denied boarding voucher and its value), and "Service Fees" ($0, corresponding to RUCs). You're right, the amounts are all positive, both for tickets (paid) and vouchers. Though in a sense, they're all positive: they're my assets (except that some of the tickets have been flown, so there is no remaining asset).
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Bump. A friendly reminder for those who haven't selected their DM/PM Choice Benefit(s) for 2015 qualification, the deadline is now 1 month away (Jan 31, 2017).

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Bump. A friendly reminder for those who haven't selected their DM/PM Choice Benefit(s) for 2015 qualification, the deadline is now 1 month away (Jan 31, 2017).

-FlyerBeek
I think you mean 2016 Choice benefits that you qualified for during 2015.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think you mean 2016 Choice benefits that you qualified for during 2015.
Yes, that's essentially what I said.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Thank you so very much.
It would be so great if DL would post this on the CB redemption site.
I was told just this week by an agent that the last date was now 12/31.
Why Delta continues to shroud this in mystery is, indeed, a mystery to me.
Even the DM agents don't seem to know.
Thanks again for keeping us informed.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by deltalirious
Thank you so very much.
It would be so great if DL would post this on the CB redemption site.
I was told just this week by an agent that the last date was now 12/31.
Why Delta continues to shroud this in mystery is, indeed, a mystery to me.
Even the DM agents don't seem to know.
Thanks again for keeping us informed.
A number don't understand that the elite year is actually a month off from calender year.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
A number don't understand that the elite year is actually a month off from calender year.
That's to give DL a chance to catch with posting missing MQMs etc. so that someone doesn't unfairly temporarily lose status in early January for stuff beyond the person's control like partner flights posting late or going missing.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I did a status match in 2016 but then eventually also qualified via regular means. As a result, my account currently shows me as eligible to select PM benefits for 2016 and PM benefits for 2017. Am I correct that I have until 1/31/17 to select the 2016 benefits and until 1/31/18 to choose the 2017 benefits?

New to this, so appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.