Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Airlines/Siri connection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Delta Airlines/Siri connection

For us Apple users out there, and for those who've flown Delta, the voiceover for the Siri and the gates are the same person, Susan Bennett, who works out of ATL(Delta's home). Very interesting. She also does Ford/Microsoft vehicle infotainment systems. Watch her CNN interviews. (Not spam, legit videos) http://youtu.be/sGAYFsl7OEQ
http://youtu.be/B75rgX_IxW0
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to Flyertalk.

We've moved your post from the TalkBoard Topics forum. to the Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum for better placement.

/Moderator
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:20 am

It's funny how Susan can pronounce MSP flights to Bozeman and Wausau correctly, but Siri couldn't when I tried to google the cities.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
It's funny how Susan can pronounce MSP flights to Bozeman and Wausau correctly, but Siri couldn't when I tried to google the cities.
I would assume DL would contract for specific words they know they will need (such as the names of all the cities they fly to), whereas Siri is trying to use NLP to construct those words.

Different use-cases will have different word frequency charts and thus different priorities as to which words they spend the most effort on.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
On a related topic, I've seen and heard the male voice of the GIDS system in a commercial for a male enhancement treatment (Nugenics or something like that). He also voiced a Chip Ganassi Racing documentary a couple years ago. Does anyone know who he is and what else he's done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.