Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sqg13
It will be better because of the meal service and hope you have a great one. Seat width is miserable at 18.5", the worst in DL's fleet, compared to standard 21" in 737/757/320.
One plus at least is the 767 will have a PTV - not a great PTV but a PTV nonetheless.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM
#4/39 on the UG list SAN -> DTW this morning for one seat. DM on an L fare. Did not clear.

Cleared at the window for the remaining 3 flights on this itin.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
RSW-ATL on Saturday -- wife (PM) and I were immediately upgraded after splitting our PNR at T-48 hours. All medallions on the list were upgraded and even one F seat flew empty while Y was completely full.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
DCA-MSP-ORD today, returning Friday afternoon ORD-CVG-DCA, all booked in T.

MSP-ORD and the entire return ORD-CVG-DCA all cleared at 5 days out. #5 of 17 for 1 seat remaining this morning for the 245 flight DCA-MSP. The lowest FCM offer was for about $200 about 2 weeks ago but I didn't take it because I was pretty sure that all but the DCA-MSP would clear.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
last week JFK - SLC - FAT. SEA - JFK

All on X fare

missed JFK -SLC by one at the gate
SLC - FAT upgraded 5 days out
SEA - JFK waited at the gate, last to board, asked the gate agent if everyone in first was on board, I was next on the list. He said if I waited 1 minute it would be mine.

waited and got the upgrade
Old May 3, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
LGA-ATL, cleared within the 5 day window. Was legitimately shocked. Thanks Delta!
Old May 3, 2016, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Quick trip LAS this coming weekend. Fri SJC-LAS (K) cleared at DM window. Sun LAS-SJC (Q) did not clear immediately at the window yesterday but happened some time overnight. I wondered if they might be holding out seats since the Sun return figures to be more in demand or if the system was just slow processing upgrades yesterday. Both F cabins are still relatively empty -- guessing by the seat map before/after, only one other DM/PM on each flight, and no change at the GM window today.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
I think my only miss this year was a Friday afternoon SFO-MSP. Something like 25/26 segments upgraded.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
SEA-LAX; (N - lowest level) cleared at DM window
LAX-BOS; (N - lowest level) cleared 4 days prior to departure. Given this is the Sunday redeye, I was shocked when this happened. Especially given I just did the same route a few weeks ago (Thursday redeye - I know, this is probably half filled with consulting firm partners) that I didn't clear for, even at the gate, on a B fare no less!

Last edited by btonkid12345; May 4, 2016 at 7:14 am
Old May 5, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
5/6 LAX-MSP V fare #3 for 5 on the list @ T-17
MSP-MKE V fare Cleared at window.

5/11 GRR-MSP V fare Cleared at window.
MSP-IND V fare Cleared at window.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Sun LAS-SJC (Q) did not clear immediately at the window yesterday but happened some time overnight.
SDCed to the morning flight, 1/1 for 3 seats
Old May 8, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I just got upgraded to C+ for two flights on May 20th... WOO HOO... no it really doesn't make me feel better. As a DM I can just book my self into them.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
flying this Saturday, 5/14

BWI - ATL - LAX
BWI - ATL cleared yesterday.

I'm sure ATL - LAX will go to the gate.

Flying back Tuesday LAX - JFK, this was my first booking after the May 16th NEW RULES - so I couldn't figure out why I couldn't pick a C+ seat.

I called the DM desk and was informed of the new policy. The rep told me normally I would have to wait for the upgrade to C+ (this flight was booked about 3 weeks ago) but he since it was the new implementation he went ahead and "upgraded" me to a C+ seat.

The future is looking dimmer and dimmer for the JFK - LAX/SFO routes.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by QDDawg
I called the DM desk and was informed of the new policy. The rep told me normally I would have to wait for the upgrade to C+ (this flight was booked about 3 weeks ago) but he since it was the new implementation he went ahead and "upgraded" me to a C+ seat.

The future is looking dimmer and dimmer for the JFK - LAX/SFO routes.
Is it possible the box for "request upgrade to C+" was originally unchecked?
Old May 9, 2016, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Zorak
Is it possible the box for "request upgrade to C+" was originally unchecked?
perhaps, or simply there hasn't been any C+ "upgrade" inventory available since OP purchased. since he's 21 day AP, it's possible...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.