Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by woodford02A
A quick look at DL.com shows 'multiple cabins' in every returned itinerary for pretty much anything involving Jet, so it looks like you probably should have looked at each flight more closely in the itinerary you selected. Your same itinerary with the BOM-AMS leg in business surely would have priced higher. Sorry, but I think this is user error.

I assume DL can market it this way because the majority of the legs did indeed book into business/first, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, can you cancel risk-free if you just booked this using the 24 hour rule?
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...cellation.html

Its been a couple weeks. Since the 9W leg is in Y doesn't that mean its fully refundable? Would it be possible to get DL to rebook that leg in J?

Since the first flight is in Y, does this mean I won't have lounge access or priority check in in BOM? Or is it based on what the most significant flight is?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sf_to_fl
Its been a couple weeks. Since the 9W leg is in Y doesn't that mean its fully refundable? Would it be possible to get DL to rebook that leg in J?

Since the first flight is in Y, does this mean I won't have lounge access or priority check in in BOM? Or is it based on what the most significant flight is?
CORRECT. Unless have status no access in BOM. Also the fare rules, not booking class governs refumdibility. The most restrictive gare rule on the ticket prevail if more then one. All DL tickets though are eligible for risk free cancellation till midnight day after purchase.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
CORRECT. Unless have status no access in BOM. Also the fare rules, not booking class governs refumdibility. The most restrictive gare rule on the ticket prevail if more then one. All DL tickets though are eligible for risk free cancellation till midnight day after purchase.
thanks for the help
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
The larger issue is all of the codeshare flights on delta.com show the 9w flights in y, are they not allowed to sell j class tickets on 9w? Air france shows the same ticket for a lesser price with 9w in j
if the same ticket with af is for a lesser price then it may be worth it to pay the change fee & switch over to that flight....
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
9W flights in AMS are handled by KL staff, many of whom are extremely disinterested in their jobs, are unhelpful and etc. When I fly KL, I encounter none of the issues I've had flying on 9W, from AMS to YYZ, just a couple of days ago (seat assignment issues, nitpicking on an extra kilo of luggage and demands to move things to another piece, etc).

Annoyingly enough, being a Delta PM means nothing, as they are not SkyTeam, yet Delta sells tickets on their metal - go figure. I may try it again in J, but in Y I think I'll pass...
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
I concur. Excellent post. Thank you
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DrSavant
Annoyingly enough, being a Delta PM means nothing, as they are not SkyTeam, yet Delta sells tickets on their metal - go figure.
i agree....this is most frustrating....i gave up on 9w many years ago & their codeshare agreement with dl was the only reason i started flying them again....
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:59 pm

I am flying DL/9W DAB-ATL-AMS-BOM in J and I am curious as to the lounge situation in AMS. The 9W website states they use the KLM Crown Lounge, but I have read reports of them using a contract or the BA lounge. Any recent experiences? Not that the Crown Lounge is terribly exciting, but I want to know what to expect while in AMS.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by airindia787
I am flying DL/9W DAB-ATL-AMS-BOM in J and I am curious as to the lounge situation in AMS. The 9W website states they use the KLM Crown Lounge, but I have read reports of them using a contract or the BA lounge. Any recent experiences? Not that the Crown Lounge is terribly exciting, but I want to know what to expect while in AMS.
Pretty sure either way as a PM on a same-day INTL itin you'd get access to the Crown Lounge. You could ask the KLM lounge staff if the 9W flight gets you access elsewhere for kicks.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Spring 2016, crown lounge, although the 9W site mentioned another. But if you arrive in AMS early, you can't get a 9W boarding pass as their transfer desk hasn't opened yet. So you DL pass for the 9W flight worked for me at the KLM lounge.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airindia787
i have always used the klm crown lounge when transiting through ams....my bookings are always done through dl but 3 times this year i have been on a 9w operated flight from ams-del....each time i used the klm lounge....i just walked in, presented my boarding pass & was allowed in without any questions....
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Hi, I have been looking at a ticket thats from PHX-MSP-AMS-BOM-HYD. Has anyone flown this route ? With so many connections would I miss a flight.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Sharing my experience on a recent BLR-AMS-SEA route where BLR-AMS was DL ticketed (M fare both legs) but operated by 9W. In a nutshell, I would not fly 9W on codeshare again unless there was absolute no other reasonable option. Reasonable includes 50% longer route and >6hr layovers in SIN or KUL. Will fly 9W on 9W stock if it was paid C.

First, no advanced seat selection. Ok, 9W policy, I get it and am ok with it (every carrier can set their own policy). However, not being able to check on my itinerary on jetairways.com after the tickets were issued was a warning I should have paid more attention to. Reject message was that 9W does not allow itinerary management on their site for a PNR ticketed by another carrier. This means, DL status wouldn't have mattered. At the check-in threshold, same rejection message so no online check-in hence no seat selection. Top that off, BLR airport needs proof of travel for that time window to get into the airport. Showing your itinerary may or may not get you in depending on the person at the entrance. Can't use the self check-in booths outside the airport either, again because it was DL ticketed.

Found my way inside with help from external 9W booth but agent would not check me in until 3hrs from departure time citing security check requirements and nobody could do the security check now. I was there about 6 hours early due to meetings completing sooner than expected and figured I could grab a drink and dinner at the airport, no luck unless you want to head back out or hit the coffee place (some starbucks equivalent). Eventually, at check-in time, the exact same crew that told me nobody was available for the check security were manning the passport/visa check lines and put a sticker on my (US) passport indicating my travel docs were in order.

Checked in, aisle seat (thankfully), 6 rows from the tail (A333). Asked about bulkhead, wing or anything closer to the front (bumpy tail rides make me nauseous), told there was nothing and basically waved me away. Boarded, took a walk just before door closed and found lots of open seats (aisle, window, middle) in the mid section with at least 2 rows in the middle column that were completely empty. Guess the agent just didn't want to deal with a seat change.

Plane and service were generally ok, about the same as other carriers, though IFE touchscreen wasn't very responsive (no big deal for me). Only vegetarian options left both times by the time they got to me so not so great for food experience. The airport and online experience makes 9W on DL codeshare really undesirable . Also, it's been just over a week and flight still not posted to my DL account.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat
similar experience, thought JVs were supposed to metal neutral too

though I have found that 9W agents let me use priority check in by showing my DL status card...but not having preferred (or any seats) seats, priority security, lounge access, etc are non starters. sadly, AF is switching BOM-CDG to Joon service.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by runningformqm
similar experience, thought JVs were supposed to metal neutral too

though I have found that 9W agents let me use priority check in by showing my DL status card...but not having preferred (or any seats) seats, priority security, lounge access, etc are non starters. sadly, AF is switching BOM-CDG to Joon service.
Joon is supposed to be treated as if AF metal for DL elite purposes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.