MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Old May 31, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
The Club at ATL does not serve sandwiches until 2:30pm. They also block of a section for BA passengers in the evening.

How's the food here? Was debating between this place or the SkyClub.
FWIW, I was there (Escape lounge) around noon and they had a full spread (sandwiches, sliders, soup, salads, fruit, etc.). Food was better than Sky club. But the only thing I like in Sky Club is the Thai soup, so I am not sure if I am a good judge.

V.

Last edited by DiamondInTheRough; Jun 1, 2016 at 7:11 am
Old May 31, 2016, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I absolutely have too. I'm sure most of the PP lounges are happy to take the extra revenue from all comers. But for lounges that are more sticklers about capacity, they may choose to strictly enforce the requirement. (I've rarely had PP lounges ask for a boarding pass, but it happens from time to time.)
In many airports, you can't get to the lounge door unless you're flying that day, although airline and airport employees would be exceptions to this rule.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough
FWIW, I as there around noon and they had a full spread (sandwiches, sliders, soup, salads, fruit, etc.). Food was better than Sky club. But the only thing I like in Sky Club is the Thai soup, so I am not sure if I am good judge.

V.
I havn't seen the Wicked Thai Chicken soup around the last couple of months
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:44 am

For fear of outing someone, I'll be vague, but I know a guy who knows a guy who works in the MSP SkyClub. If you meet me in the MSP USPS parking lot, I'll get you a tub of the soup ;-)

I actually came here to say I'm sitting in the Escape lounge right now and it is EMPTY. It's my first time here and I have to say I'm impressed with it...other than the restroom being in the hallway.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
It was in the ATL A17 SC last week.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by krlcomm
It was in the ATL A17 SC last week.
It was also in DCA SC yesterday.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
It's available at your local grocery store too.

https://www.campbells.com/campbell-s...getables-soup/
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Update: For those with any airport or airline employee/retiree badges you can get in for $25 and this applies for kids and guests with you as well. They have a three hour time limit for all passes, but generally don't enforce it as the club is pretty much devoid of any people.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jun 30, 2016 at 4:53 pm Reason: for 'clarification'. What a dumb word.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Update: For those with any airport or employee/retiree badges you can get in for $25 and this applies for kids and guests with you as well. They have a three hour time limit for all passes, but generally don't enforce it as the club is pretty much devoid of any people.
Is it usually this empty? I was the only person there last Saturday morning. Weekend to be sure, but still.

Worried that it might fold if that's usually the case.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WWads
Is it usually this empty? I was the only person there last Saturday morning. Weekend to be sure, but still.

Worried that it might fold if that's usually the case.
I know it's so weird, it's always dead. You can also see they've picked up the advertising recently as well. I just think despite it being cheaper than the Skyclub, $50 is alot to pay ala carte for an average passenger.

Hence the reason why Skyclubs usually are full of mostly DMs. They need to make their affiliation with PP, Diners Club, and Lounge Club more known as they don't have enough of a footprint to offer a membership themselves.

It would suck if it had to go though, the staff are AMAZING and we were there for an entire day after constantly being bumped off flights. They immediately recognized us each time we walked into the lounge and said if we got bumped on the last flight of the day they'd leave some goodies for us outside the lounge. Downright angels.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I was there this morning, and yes, it was pretty empty (7 to 8 AM). Not sure if I was the only non-employee there.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I was there yesterday a bit after 5 pm and I didn't count but my impression is there were perhaps 20 patrons present. When I arrived, the very best seats were taken and I couldn't find all the food listed on the menu.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
I was there yesterday a bit after 5 pm and I didn't count but my impression is there were perhaps 20 patrons present. When I arrived, the very best seats were taken and I couldn't find all the food listed on the menu.
As far as food goes, that vaires day to day as the menu is just an example. It's not a great display for food, but it does the job.

Really, when I was there, there were at most 5 others and at one point we were the only ones. Had some cool conversations w/ the staff tho.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA: PLT/US: Preferred Gold
Thumbs up

Went through here last Wednesday night and was pleasantly surprised. It's not going to beat an AmEx Centurion, but the food is a notch above most US domestic lounges, and the complimentary alcoholic beverage selection is reasonable by those standards, if a still a little bottom shelf. Some pretty good cake bites/truffles they had out, too. There were maybe a dozen other people there besides my girlfriend and I, so not too crowded.

I haven't been through the MSP SkyClubs yet - only recently moved to Minneapolis, and I've been AA PLT until this year - but I have a couple flights on DL in a couple weeks and plan on comparing. More flights on AA in August though, and I'll be looking forward to dropping in at Escape then.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Originally Posted by mnCO
For fear of outing someone, I'll be vague, but I know a guy who knows a guy who works in the MSP SkyClub. If you meet me in the MSP USPS parking lot, I'll get you a tub of the soup ;-)

I actually came here to say I'm sitting in the Escape lounge right now and it is EMPTY. It's my first time here and I have to say I'm impressed with it...other than the restroom being in the hallway.
About that restroom issue:

other than the restroom being in the hallway

Was the restroom outside the lounge having to leave and re-enter the lounge ?
Was the restroom standard airport public fare in a high volume use area ?
Not so bad if in an isolated corridor somewhat away from the masses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.