Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta.com: Come back on Cyber Monday..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AA seems to have a sale on business class fares to Europe for the Christmas season. IIRC someone posted about $2500 RTs. Sigh. I guess Santa doesn't think that I was good this year.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:23 am
Suspended

Another bad and switch. Time to get DOT involved.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I can't believe my eyes

I jumped on Delta Com first thing Monday morning and clicked on the cyber Monday link for a couple of Delta one vacation fares with highly flexible dates for later in the year.

No luck!

It seems they want you to fly in late winter or early spring to cold places.

This isn't a fare sale

It stinks even for flexible travel
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Former Diamond
Cyber Monday is live now on DL.com: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...er-monday.html
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see coaach fares for January 10 through March, generally over about $1000 for a TATL or TPAC RT with a Saturday night stay required. What I checked seems to book into T class and has pretty reasonable connections.

There are also domestic RTs starting at just over $400. However, watch out for E fares oon some of these routes.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
ATL-PVG (Shanghai) $650 RT. 15500 miles, .04 CPM. lol, but only 6100 SkyPesos! Not a horrible MR, though. Well, except for being in coach on a 777.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
An old 747 would make a nice airport hotel.

You'd think that, but someone tried it in Stockholm/Arlanda and it's... well... pretty terrible. I stayed there once to avoid the obscene Swedish lodging prices for a real hotel, and had pretty serious regrets. Part of the problem is admittedly that it's more of a hostel than a hotel, though.

Now a decommissioned early build Emirares A380 complete with shower suite... that idea I can get behind
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by BenA
You'd think that, but someone tried it in Stockholm/Arlanda and it's... well... pretty terrible. I stayed there once to avoid the obscene Swedish lodging prices for a real hotel, and had pretty serious regrets. Part of the problem is admittedly that it's more of a hostel than a hotel, though.

Now a decommissioned early build Emirares A380 complete with shower suite... that idea I can get behind
This sounds like you didn't book their cockpit suite or whatever the fancier digs were.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I see coaach fares for January 10 through March, generally over about $1000 for a TATL or TPAC RT with a Saturday night stay required. What I checked seems to book into T class and has pretty reasonable connections.

There are also domestic RTs starting at just over $400. However, watch out for E fares oon some of these routes.
Not related to these cyber monday deals, but DL has JFK-LHR rt for $765 ai for many dates in April. I just booked a vacation for me and a friend at this great price!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This sounds like you didn't book their cockpit suite or whatever the fancier digs were.
Correct, although I'm not sure it would have mattered. The cockpit suite does seem nicer at Jumbo Stay Arlanda than the ordinary private rooms - chief benefit, private shower - but it's still by no means fancy, and I imagine the noise issues wouldn't be any different than what I experienced. Another hassle is where the plane is situated - an awkward bus ride to the far fringe of the airport. I get that a too-long bus ride gives it that authentic CDG feeling, but my ideal aircraft would be docked at a spare jet bridge at the terminal .

Not saying it's impossible to do a good job though. It certainly seems like KLM knows how to turn an airplane into a good place to stay, at least: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4516821
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Quick JFK>BCN turn in February (15-20) in D1 was snagged today for roughly $2500. Not sure if it's related to anything going on for the sale, but it happened all the same.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Unless you had to pay >$1,000,000 for required maintenance to move it.

Wayne Newton's jet is on display at Casa Shenandoah because the required maintenance cost more than the jet is worth. If you look quickly (and are sitting in an A window seat) as your flight lands at LAS you can see it. It is about 1/2 mile before the fence at McCarren. His place has been turned into a for profit museum as his bookings on the strip are only memories.
Sadly, yeah. I've heard about about it (but never actually caught a glimpse), it's bizarre because there's a terminal and jetbridge, but the home isn't actually connected to any taxiways or the airport... The more I get into my degree and flight training, the more I wonder how on EARTH anyone (whether it's Farmer Joe, Mr. CEO, or an airline holding company) own and maintain aircraft. It is just a constant hassle, and a bigger hole in the ground than a boat or ATV.

Anyway. I was disappointed by the "sale" as well. As is typical, just the normal list of DL origin cities that they send out in their weekly fare sale emails. I saw nothing that looked like any sort of "deal."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.