Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP SkyPriority Security Line

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is how I remember it: DL is a southern airline, so the checkpoint near the DL SkyPriority check in area and which leads straight to DL's F gates of course is the SOUTH checkpoint. [And OTOH, UA is based in Chicago, so it's a northern city and hence the checkpoint meant for its passengers is North. For AA, I guess DFW is north of ATL?]
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'll give a full report tomorrow on the line situation at MSP! They didn't say what time the checkpoint was closing, just the date, in my mind I was hoping it would be after the early morning rush, but probably not.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My guess is that they'll do the line reconfiguration overnight. That's what happened when MSP switched to just the North and South checkpoints, eliminating the wonderful SkyPriority PreCheck line near the former SkyPriority check in location.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by curl
I'll give a full report tomorrow on the line situation at MSP! They didn't say what time the checkpoint was closing, just the date, in my mind I was hoping it would be after the early morning rush, but probably not.
It would be interesting to hear if this web site accurately reflects "conditions on the ground".

https://www.mspairport.com/airport/s...ity-wait-times
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:18 pm

I'd like to know whether CLEAR at MSP is impacted. In particular, starting tomorrow, will there still be CLEAR at the South checkpoint. Also, does North have CLEAR or not? [I've only used North once, when South had extremely long lines and people were being sent to North. However, I don't think I saved time as my flight was departing from something like a high F gate, so I had a very long walk that day.]
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:42 pm

CLEAR is in place at North. I prefer that checkpoint to get to the Escape lounge quicker.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:43 pm

The closure of most of the South checkpoint is expected to last for several weeks.

Next year they'll do the same to the North checkpoint.

No mention of a similar system for T2.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:07 am

Right now, it seems that the SKY line on the Nirth checkpoint is WAY longer wait than regular line. #regret
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:11 am

Sign says less than 15 minutes as does web site. Been in line for 17 minutes now, not even close...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
A trick if flying out of the high C/G Gates or A/B Gates and if traveling between 5:30-1:30pm than you can take the tram to where the light rail and rental cars are and clear security on the bridge checkpoint. I don't think there is Pre-Check but for those with non-precheck this could come in handy.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:55 am

27 minutes, 20 seconds
web site still says less than 15 minutes
I got in the queue at 5:56am.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by curl
27 minutes, 20 seconds
web site still says less than 15 minutes
I got in the queue at 5:56am.
This was without PreCheck, right?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:15 am

Yes, Sky Priority line. Pre-check didn't look too bad.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:17 am

Is CLEAR still operating at South for those with PreCheck?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:45 am

From the Press Release:

Beginning Tuesday, Aug. 22, Terminal 1-Lindbergh’s South Security Checkpoint at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport will partially close while new automated security equipment is installed. Lanes that remain open will be for TSA Pre-Check users only. Other travelers will be directed to the North Security Checkpoint on the other side of the ticketing lobby.
From the MAC Commission meeting Monday: South Checkpoint (AKA Left Checkpoint). Pre-Check and Clear Only.

North Check Point (Aka Right Checkpoint): General Passengers, Clear, Pre-check. All 10 lanes should be open at peek as the South Checkpoint staff will be positioned there.

MSP is the first airport to use the McDonald Humphrey Automated Screening Lane along with the Smith's X-Ray Machine. Most other airports use RapidScan X-Ray with the ASL lanes. So the three week window is longer than normal because we're the first to use this system combination. In addition, they can't send the TSOs to any other airports to train on it, so it's going to be training day when it opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.