Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Row Seats are now C+?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Looking for Award flights for September from BHM to SEA next year. I am PM. Exit row seats are not showing as available if I choose the main cabin, but they are available if I choose C+.

This deal is getting worse by the minute.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Confused? Going forward, will PM/DM only get C+ on an awards ticket if that's the class of ticket booked? In other words, we can choose C+ at booking for a purchased ticket, but not a SM redemption?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK for award travel after May, you can pick C+ tickets.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:49 am

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ehipres
Looking for Award flights for September from BHM to SEA next year. I am PM. Exit row seats are not showing as available if I choose the main cabin, but they are available if I choose C+.

This deal is getting worse by the minute.
Screen caps, please.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diver90
Screen caps, please.
I can't get it to load a pic with my iPad. Dates and flights are as follows:

DL 970 (ATL-SEA) 9/2
DL 595 (SEA-ATL) 9/8

It is the same on my BHM-ATL legs as well. When I go to view seats, if I choose the main cabin, the exits are not available.

Edited to add:

Maybe this is an IT glitch. I have not tried to call, as I was just looking for a getaway trip for my wife and I, and I was not ready to book.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Pretty sure that this is a known glitch. The addition of the C+ fares to the system has created a lot of problems. You should still have access to preferred seating with a main cabin award fare. Give Delta a call and have them assign your seats.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to call. The seats are shown as unavailable in the seatmap in the initial flight listing display when you do a search. However, you will find once you have actually selected the flights, you will be able to select the exit row seats during the checkout process after you have entered the passenger info (but still prior to actual purchase). There are a number of existing threads on this topic and it is not new behavior (I think it's been this way for the last 9 or 10 months). I suspect this is done to deter the third party screen scraper sites that check for exit row seat availability.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 26, 2015 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive

Yes. This problem has been around for months and is a pain for me as I try to always book Exit over C+. Since I have to book most of my travel on egencia I now have to buy first and then log into delta.com to see if I can get the second row exit aisle seats I prefer. At that point it is too much effort to change and I just select something else.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I have never noticed it, but I always looked for C+ seats when booking. Now, with the changes to C+, exit row is my preferred seating when traveling with my non-medallion wife.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Originally Posted by ehipres
Thanks. I have never noticed it, but I always looked for C+ seats when booking. Now, with the changes to C+, exit row is my preferred seating when traveling with my non-medallion wife.
I was quoted by @deltaassist on twitter that one companion can sit in C+ with you. They are probably incorrect though.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaaria
I was quoted by @deltaassist on twitter that one companion can sit in C+ with you. They are probably incorrect though.
Long existing thread about the changes to C+ for flights after May 16th. You will still be able to have one companion, but if they have no status, C+ inventory will not open until 24 hours prior to the flight. There's no way of pre-selecting C+ seats prior to then unless you pay for them.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...plus-faqs.html

"The clearance of you and your traveling companion for Delta Comfort+ will be based on the clearance window of the lowest level SkyMiles Member status in your reservation. If your companion is a General Member, you and your companion will be cleared no sooner than 24 hours in advance of departure."

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 27, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.