Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

500 miles extra with Hertz "One Time Only"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT

I have not seen this been discussed but if it has please delete

i seen a link after i make my hertz res. says: earn 500 miles for your rental. earn now.

it is one of those square ads and when i click in it:
https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...fer=hertzbonus
i am not sure is it targeted but i was able to enroll 3 different account in the WA area

it says register before DEC 31 2015 and complete rental by JUN 30 2016.

it appears that this bonus is on top of the existing earning

General Member: 500
FO and GM: 1,000
PM and DM: 1,250

so the above number +500
unlike the daily bonus which shows on limited-time offer on car rental partner page, this does not require to use a special (PC) or (CDP)

I rented a car for a week in Class D for $95 and with this I will get 1,750 miles.

Even if this offer is only for 1 time, i can see a lot of people can rent a car and be reward a higher value of miles then the actual rental price if it is a one day rental. 1,750 i will see it as about $30 if i redeem the way i usually does
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
can everyone register for the promo?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Thanks, registration worked for me!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Felixishim
I have not seen this been discussed but if it has please delete

i seen a link after i make my hertz res. says: earn 500 miles for your rental. earn now.

it is one of those square ads and when i click in it:
https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...fer=hertzbonus
i am not sure is it targeted but i was able to enroll 3 different account in the WA area

it says register before DEC 31 2015 and complete rental by JUN 30 2016.

it appears that this bonus is on top of the existing earning

General Member: 500
FO and GM: 1,000
PM and DM: 1,250

so the above number +500
unlike the daily bonus which shows on limited-time offer on car rental partner page, this does not require to use a special (PC) or (CDP)

I rented a car for a week in Class D for $95 and with this I will get 1,750 miles.

Even if this offer is only for 1 time, i can see a lot of people can rent a car and be reward a higher value of miles then the actual rental price if it is a one day rental. 1,750 i will see it as about $30 if i redeem the way i usually does
With this promotion, should you not get
1,250 + 500 + 300 = 2,050 for a day's rental?

Medallion members can earn 300 bonus miles per day
This offer is valid for rental cars picked up by March 31, 2016 at participating worldwide airport locations. Don’t forget to include your SkyMiles number when booking your reservation.
See http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...nus-offer.html
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PayItForward
With this promotion, should you not get
1,250 + 500 + 300 = 2,050 for a day's rental?

See http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...nus-offer.html

this is to assume you also use Delta (PC and CDP)
i do not even use Delta CDP as i am under 21
and using USAA link means no underage fee and you can have a free additional driver as well. (HUGE savings)

so one would earn 1,250 for a PM or DM just for putting Delta as your frequent flyer program and this give one time extra of 500 miles.

T&C does not state that Delta CDP and PC has to be used so just have to credit to DL
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

just got mine posted after 1 rental also get the sky magazine fuel up 1,000 miles

so get 2,750 (1,250+500+1000)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.