Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

are airlines practicing in Good Faith with FF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are airlines practicing in Good Faith with FF?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The question of whether airlines can change FF plans has made its way thru U.S. courts. Yes, they can. It's not a matter for the DOT or FTC.

It's not a matter for the Delta forum, either, if the question is industry-wide. There's an OMNI forum.
Actually the courts have ruled, it's the exclusive jurisdiction of the DOT. Absent them taking action they've determined the law doesn't provide any other source of recourse in regards to FFP.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Felixishim
if that is what u consider a solution,
might just invite competition by letting international carrier operate some domestic route without the high regulation for foreign carrier.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Felixishim
if that is what u consider a solution,
might just invite competition by letting international carrier operate some domestic route without the high regulation for foreign carrier.
That is a GREAT idea! Let the foreign carriers fly domestically in the US! We could have real competition again! DeltaOne would look like the Greyhound Bus compared to Etihad or Emirates.

Damn the Legacies......and BTW, Delta, we know Comfort + is not real a real Premium Econ product no matter much lipstick (cocktail and chips) you put on that pig.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
That is a GREAT idea! Let the foreign carriers fly domestically in the US! We could have real competition again! DeltaOne would look like the Greyhound Bus compared to Etihad or Emirates.

Damn the Legacies......and BTW, Delta, we know Comfort + is not real a real Premium Econ product no matter much lipstick (cocktail and chips) you put on that pig.
But DL Y would still be better than EK Y in terms of seat comfort. 10 across on a 777 - it's awful.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Bubba, what if I purchase miles from Delta and the next day they cancel the Skymiles program? Should I just suck it up and forget about the hundreds or thousands of dollars I just wasted,
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I'm sure they would have lie flats across the entire domestic fleet. And also, the US will suspend it's labor laws so that the airline can be staffed entirely by foreign nationals. Yes, I'm sure that will happen.

The reality for all you dreamers is that a foreign owned domestic airline would probably end up looking alot like B6 or VX in the end. Not some fantasy airline with free upgrades to private suites on $200 fares.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, I'm sure they would have lie flats across the entire domestic fleet. And also, the US will suspend it's labor laws so that the airline can be staffed entirely by foreign nationals. Yes, I'm sure that will happen.

The reality for all you dreamers is that a foreign owned domestic airline would probably end up looking alot like B6 or VX in the end. Not some fantasy airline with free upgrades to private suites on $200 fares.
i agree, while it is not very fancy which i do not claim it will do at all, by inviting competition and adding capacity some airlines refuse to do so as you know the DOJ is also investigating do airline talk to each other and so that one will open this route and the other will open this route to avoid competition therefor higher fare.

this competition and higher capacity is likely to reduce price in Y more and less BS i mean who is not to lose a few benefit and have way cheaper price in average.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
But DL Y would still be better than EK Y in terms of seat comfort. 10 across on a 777 - it's awful.
agree, but more capacity, lower prices.

it is not hard to see if a foregin can fly domestic onward from an international like AMS-JFK-SFO by KL then connect to DL SFO-SLC.

this way a lot more capacity can be added by natural demand of the market. if the route can sustain they will keep flying if not the international airline likely will not continue.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Delta doesn't care what frequent flyers think. They're in business to make a profit. Honorable is not part of their business model - they cater to the highest dollar customers and give lower tier medallions enough to keep them hanging on. Gold and Silver have no discernable value - anyone with am Amex card gets Zone 1 boarding. In all my years of Gold, I've been upgraded maybe 5 times, only once out of ATL. I'll continue using my miles, but the only thing I expect from Delta is more *enhancements* that raise the MQDs and MQSs.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:17 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
Delta doesn't care what frequent flyers think. They're in business to make a profit. Honorable is not part of their business model - they cater to the highest dollar customers and give lower tier medallions enough to keep them hanging on. Gold and Silver have no discernable value - anyone with am Amex card gets Zone 1 boarding. In all my years of Gold, I've been upgraded maybe 5 times, only once out of ATL. I'll continue using my miles, but the only thing I expect from Delta is more *enhancements* that raise the MQDs and MQSs.
Sad. And they really do not care.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:18 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points

Bring back Midwest Express! (YX)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Often1
DL, just like all carriers, makes it very clear that the program may be cancelled or changed at any time without notice. Everybody who signs up for a FFP acknowledges this, understands this and should understand that changes will happen.

It is naïve to believe that any carrier will announce in 2015 changes to become effective in 2017, so that there is always a program year between changes.

An FFP is "something for nothing." As such, use it for what you can, but don't expect anything long-term or material.
For a value of "nothing" that includes hundreds of dollars in ticket purchases (and, yes, I can point to specific tickets I've purchased on Delta to earn miles/status where AA had a much more convenient schedule and was cheaper).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Good. Let them compete.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by LBJ

It's downers like this that makati tougher me to get up fir my daily hunt for unicorns.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Kill the FF program, kill your margins.
There is zero evidence that is the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.