Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to Use Alessi Dishes, Flatware, etc.

Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I've always liked Alessi's fun designs and now it appears Delta does too.

It will be interesting to see what the final designs of Delta's Alessia-Ware will be.

Delta to Feature Alessi Dishes, Glassware, Flatware on Flights
Delta Air Lines announced it will offer Alessi serviceware, including dishes, flatware, glassware, and other service items, on board its flights starting in 2017....

<SNIP>
Above appeared in FBT, where I serve as ed.dir.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Excellent news!
It was time to change my silverware at home.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by thesaints
Excellent news!
It was time to change my silverware at home.

It takes over a year to roll this out?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kettle1

I at first thought the same thin. However, If you read the details, they still have to design, test, and produce the products.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Alessi?

Never heard of it. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Alessi is a housewares and kitchen utensil company in Italy, producing everyday items from plastic and metal, created by famous designers. From the 1990s onward, Alessi has been associated with the notion of "designer" objects — otherwise ordinary tools and objects executed as high design, particularly in a post-modern mode, from designers s
Originally Posted by RRDD
Never heard of it. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by kettle1

if you take (with a grain of salt) what is mentioned on the that ego inflated airliners website, then this will roll out simultaneously with the A350 roll out
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Next they need to focus on the silly striped socks in the Tumi kits. Something a bit more dignified....
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
The A-nutters are speculating about an onboard bar, espresso machines, and new style seats on the A350. Alessa products may be timed to be introduced with the A350.

It will be interesting to see when Delta finally reveals all the A350 details.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Alessi is a housewares and kitchen utensil company in Italy, producing everyday items from plastic and metal, created by famous designers.
Does the maybe mean plastic plates, saving weight over ceramic, at least in Delta1?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
When does Delta expect the A350 to be put into service?

I will be glad to see the spinning dinner plates go! So annoying-- I usually ask the FA for a few cocktail napkins to put under them.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Next they need to focus on the silly striped socks in the Tumi kits. Something a bit more dignified....
You're kidding? I guess I haven't opened a Tumi kit in a while but I can only recall dark boring socks of low quality (essentially disposable, not worth keeping and laundering, but I usually wear or bring my own socks so I just ignore them).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Why would the A350 be any different than any other DL aircraft. They will pack as many seats as possible onto that thing. If Delta is willing to remove restrooms to add seats do you honestly think they are going to add an espresso bar? And adding a specific bar tender position? Lol, get real.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Neat. Alessi makes great design-forward products. (In fact, I actually wear an Alessi watch on a regular basis.) I'm a bit surprised DL went with an overseas design house - you'd expect Alessi to be partnered with Alitalia - but I can't fault their choice on the merits.

Unlike many other design houses, they are particularly notable for keeping a focus on the functionality of their objects - a great choice for airline serviceware. I'm always skeptical of press releases that say two companies will collaborate to design something together - usually that's marketing speak for "we ordered something out of their catalog" - but in this case, I think it may actually be legit.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish DL would bring back the small rectangular plates that were used for silverware as well as bread and butter. I like to have a dedicated bread plate of some sort as well as a bread knife with a good dinner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.