Wiki Posts
Search

DL is still not on the list

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
DL is still not on the list

With so much profits quarter after quarter- how come DL didn't make the list?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/1...ineratingscom/
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Because DL is like all USA carriers. I would guess this thread moves to here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...t-top-ten.html
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:26 am

Because DL lever their market power in the US to generate profits.

Their international product is weak (cheap alcohol and food, low end lounges, no pre flight dining, generally poor in flight experience, outstations inability (except NRT) to board per guidelines,, no First class etc). That is why they are so afraid of the ME3.

Now if they would spend $25 more on PJ's wine and food on a $10,000 ticket that would go a long way
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO business class is often better on carriers that don't offer IFC.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO business class is often better on carriers that don't offer IFC.
Which airlines do you use for International travel from MSP that don't offer IFC??
It is pretty rare to have an airline that doesn't. Yes some minor airlines (EVA AirNZ). But the top ten largest international airlines ALL offer IFC except DL/VA
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Which airlines do you use for International travel from MSP that don't offer IFC??
It is pretty rare to have an airline that doesn't. Yes some minor airlines (EVA AirNZ). But the top ten largest international airlines ALL offer IFC except DL/VA
Pretty rare to not have IFC? Most airlines that have intercontinental flights don't have IFC. It is a niche product. It is holding strong in the ME and in parts of Asia, but that's it. North America has only 2 carriers with it, and they are both cutting back. In South America, I think only TAM has it. In Europe - 4 carriers, and they are cutting the number of routes with it.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Oct 11, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.