Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BOS>LHR arrival..terminal arrival/lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Hi all....

I purchased a Business Class BOS>LHR (Z class) ticket for this coming Sunday. Am I correct in reading that I will still arrive in Terminal 3..and due to my Z class ticket, I'll have access to the arrival lounge? (I'll need that shower!).

Also, I need to continue onto the West Midlands (had to connect thru LHR due to some snafus with connections on the return). Any car service recommendations from LHR to the West Midlands (Coventry/Solihull)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Yes, terminal 3. The shower is in the club outside the terminal. You go through double doors and it's on your left on the side of the building. Nice breakfast.

Never heard of anyone taking a car service in the UK.

You can take the National Express coach outside T3 to Coventry - takes 2 hours.

Or you can take the Heathrow Express or Connect to Paddington, tube to Euston, train to Coventry. Probably also around 2 hours.

Probably others know about car services.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:23 pm

You can use Uber - or Ichauffeur, Uber I think it is Lux in the Uk has all bmws and mercedes and you can scale down from there -
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
T3 arrivals is pretty simple - clear passport control (in J you'll get a Fast Track card, but it's not always faster, even with a non-EU passport), pick up any checked baggage, enter the arrivals hall. There is signage for the DL Arrivals Lounge in T3 - was very busy when I came back from JFK a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html

As far as getting up to Coventry, I definitely do not recommend a car service. At ~100 miles, I'd guess it'd be about £150 (I live 75 miles from LHR and it's about £115. uberX estimate is £129-171 and uber EXEC estimate is £244-324. No thanks.

If you took the train, it'd be pretty much step free to do the Piccadilly Line to Green Park (switch to Victoria Line) or to Liecester Square (switch to Northern Line) to Euston and then the train to Coventry. (~2h25m)

Google shows the National Express bus (easy to walk to the Heathrow Central Bus Station from the arrivals lounge) as taking 2h01m.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
All, thank you. The Delta Arrivals Lounge was quite nice. Spacious bathrooms, lovely clothes pressing, good food, very gracious service. A definite perk. The only downsides were no Mochas, only standard coffee/espresso. But was exactly what I needed to 'start the trip'.

I ended up just renting a car at Hertz at LHR. Was pretty painless and took 90 minutes to Solihull...worked like a charm.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.