Upgraded then Downgraded?

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by OHDL1
I would go to C+ and tell the person in my old seat..."Excuse me...you're in MY seat. I was moved from my seat BY MISTAKE". Have the GA come on-board and straighten out HIS/HER mess! You shouldn't be the one to get the short end of the stick.
I'm not going to argue with another passenger; it isn't their fault, and they might not have any seat to switch to. I'm going to let the GA fix their mess, without leaving me worse off (that is, plenty of compensation if I get a seat worse than my original one).
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Insult?!?!
Have you ever seen the phrase "walk of shame" in this forum?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by sethb
Have you ever seen the phrase "walk of shame" in this forum?

I just know if I were ever downgraded under similar conditions, I wouldn't have considered it an insult. An inconvenience? Yes. An insult? No. I guess I've got thicker skin than most
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Downgrades should be more common for EUA or BF UG's. If I burned a RUC/GUC I'd def talk to a redcoat or elite line post flight. Get the GA's name for reference.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PP, National EE
*Update

My RUC was not burned on this.

Response I got back from DL. Know idea what to expect from a gift basket. I really just wanted a certificate.

"I certainly understand why you wanted to make us aware of your recent travel experience while traveling on October 04. I agree - our agents should've been more attentive while assisting you with the upgrade. I’m really sorry due to our agent error you were requested to vacant the First Class seat and move to the Main Cabin. To make matters worse, your Comfort Plus seat was provided to another passenger and were assigned seat in the Main Cabin. We know our passengers count on us to provide a superior service and it sounds like we dropped the ball.

We Hear You
Clearly, your travel didn’t go smoothly due to the service provided by our agents. I will share your comments with our Airport Customer Service team for internal follow up. We’ll use your feedback to help us improve our service.

Gift Basket
As a goodwill gesture, I have sent a gift basket to brighten your day. Please allow 5-7 business days for your gift basket to arrive.

As a Platinum Medallion member, you’re an integral part of our customer base and we're always interested in what you have to say. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in the months and years ahead."
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Gift baskets instead of miles? Please report back on the contents of your gift.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Got to watch one of these play out today on MCO-BOS. Two medallions, presumably upgraded at the gate were removed from their seats in F (4A & 3D), and sent on the walk of shame to Y. GA said someone bought F at the last minute.

Not too much later a couple comes on and takes 3C/D.

The real owner of 3C arrives and is Told/asked by the man in his seat to take 4A. The real owner of 3C was a heck of a lot nicer than I would have been....
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Got to watch one of these play out today on MCO-BOS. Two medallions, presumably upgraded at the gate were removed from their seats in F (4A & 3D), and sent on the walk of shame to Y. GA said someone bought F at the last minute.

Not too much later a couple comes on and takes 3C/D.

The real owner of 3C arrives and is Told/asked by the man in his seat to take 4A. The real owner of 3C was a heck of a lot nicer than I would have been....
Were the downgraded passengers given new boarding passes?

If I were 3C, I wouldn't have been at all nice to a seat poacher (but that's a different thread).
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Gift baskets instead of miles? Please report back on the contents of your gift.
I've received 2 gift baskets over the years... the first one was really nice, it had a bottle of Crown Royal Extra Rare in it (around $149.00 at the liquor store). The 2nd one was more pedestrian and had a bunch of gourmet snacks, mostly carbs. I still have the bottle of Crown... unopened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.