Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

5,000 miles from diamond, who has chosen platinum in similar circumstances?

5,000 miles from diamond, who has chosen platinum in similar circumstances?

Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by bgriff
I guess you could think of it that way. I mean, arguably the main reason you would want to have the MQD waiver is so you could have Silver status next year instead of no status, not so you could roll over -- but the roll over is a side benefit.

Note that you can't "choose" your rollover level with the MQD waiver. So for example if you have 125K MQMs and 2.5K MQDs, you are silver the next year with 100K MQM rollover, which could be appealing under certain circumstances. But if you have 125K MQMs, 2.5K MQDs, and an MQD waiver, you instantly become DM and roll over nothing -- there is no way to roll over 100K MQMs in that case (short of earning 225K MQMs).
Don't forget that the FO MQD requirement has been enhanced from 2.5k MQDs to 3k MQDs this year!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by pgh234
Don't forget that the FO MQD requirement has been enhanced from 2.5k MQDs to 3k MQDs this year!
Right, sorry, meant $3.5K MQDs (or any number between $3,000 and $5,999) in my example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.