Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond is the new Silver?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Diamond is the new Silver?

Yesterday BOS to ATL, 10 minutes before boarding on a 757 and I'm sitting #4 of five open seats on the upgrade list and then all of a sudden there are two open seats and I'm still #4. After boarding a GA came on board and pulled a guy up so I ended up #1 on the upgrade list. Same thing happened the week before. I asked the GA to explain how it happened. She said she would check and come back to let me know. Of course I never saw her again.

Then on my next segment from ATL to BNA I was in 2B on an MD-88 with 1A and 1B open where someone who I know who is a Diamond sitting in 5A and the GA pulls two non-rev FAs in full uniform up from the back of the plane to take the seats.

Delta, it is one thing to offer FCM but us losers who have to fly every week would appreciate it if you would tell your front line people to first take care of the people paying their salaries.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:22 pm

I think in most industries customers aren't valued nowadays. With commoditization and everyone being able to fly loyalty doesn't mean as much.
And the other issue is that people don't really do much against the airline. If you really wanted to make a statement, you should stop flying Delta. But you won't (not anything against you, personally, but just in general). If everybody who got annoyed stopped flying Delta then they would listen.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:30 pm

Diamond not all it's cracked up to be

Made Diamond for this year but have had fewer upgrades and more middle seats than when I was Platinum.
Haven't really tried to maintain any status and may end up just missing Platinum this year.
Between the MQM deflation and FCM Delta flying is no longer exceptional.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jump
Delta, it is one thing to offer FCM but us losers who have to fly every week would appreciate it if you would tell your front line people to first take care of the people paying their salaries.
How do you know that the people who got the last F seats weren't paid F passengers IROP'd from another flight? You don't. Your thread title is not pursuasively argued.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dbird29
Between the MQM deflation and FCM Delta flying is no longer exceptional.
Onboard a DL 738 right now in 3B. Great service, great meal. I paid for F, and I think as far as domestic goes out is pretty exceptional. So as a Diamond, FCM has actually made today's flight more enjoyable for me
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Anyone with an extra $25 to spend is now higher than a DM.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How do you know that the people who got the last F seats weren't paid F passengers IROP'd from another flight? You don't. Your thread title is not pursuasively argued.
Beautiful weather up and down the coast. No reason for IROP. Your response is as irrelavant as they come.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I think in most industries customers aren't valued nowadays. With commoditization and everyone being able to fly loyalty doesn't mean as much.
And the other issue is that people don't really do much against the airline. If you really wanted to make a statement, you should stop flying Delta. But you won't (not anything against you, personally, but just in general). If everybody who got annoyed stopped flying Delta then they would listen.
Actually, I'm in a better situation than most. No kids and no wife. I can live where I want and the company will pay. It just means giving up ownership of a home. Next project is in Ft. Lauderdale. The $25,000 a year I give to Delta can go to my Condo on the beach. Hmmm. I love Nashville but Delta is making this decision easier.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Anyone with an extra $25 to spend is now higher than a DM.
Nothing is stopping that DM from spending that extra $25
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Not at all. Best to play it safe and spend a few dollars more.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Wrong place wrong time. I am going on 23 upgrades straight...based out of Atlanta, no lie
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

LOL, bubba, are you that clueless?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Onboard a DL 738 right now in 3B. Great service, great meal. I paid for F, and I think as far as domestic goes out is pretty exceptional. So as a Diamond, FCM has actually made today's flight more enjoyable for me
Great meal? The meal is acceptable. At what point do we call out this person as a plant?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:45 pm

Great meal? The meal is acceptable. At what point do we call out this person as a plant?
Now you are assigning adjectives to my thoughts?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Then on my next segment from ATL to BNA I was in 2B on an MD-88 with 1A and 1B open where someone who I know who is a Diamond sitting in 5A and the GA pulls two non-rev FAs in full uniform up from the back of the plane to take the seats.
How do you know the FA's were non-rev? Employees can be Diamond just as easily as customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.