Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com showing all flights as "not upgrade eligible"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; UA 1K, 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Was looking up a flight for possible purchase and noticed it showed "not upgrade eligible." Started running different city pairs and every flight shows as "not upgrade eligible." Anyone else having this problem today with Delta.com?

I am a GM... and these are on different fare levels - K, S, T, etc. It should at least show "upgrade eligible."
I have the same issue today. I have not booked anything, but all flights on all fares IAH-LAX are not eligible for upgrade. Equipment has first and shows seats, but the upgrade eligibility says not eligible.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum

Looks like the problem has been resolved. Although DL customer service had no idea what I was talking about it my email and went on to explain that I need to be logged in to see upgrade status. Ugh. Another customer service fail.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
I've actually noticed the same thing this week... MCI-MSP-DTW on Tuesday and DTW-MEM yesterday both asked during check-in if I wanted to be added to the upgrade list. I'm going to scrounge through my profile and see if something is off.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Here is a snapshot:

Here is what DL says about Basic Economy E class fares:

Basic Economy (E booking class) is a value-fare option for price-driven customers. When you purchase Basic Economy, you typically will enjoy our lowest fare, but seats will be assigned at check-in and you will not be able to change or refund your ticket after the Risk Free Cancellation period. Additionally, you will not be eligible for: paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+™; paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; or same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status, for flights flown on or after February 1, 2015.

Advance seat selection
Advance seat selection is not available with Basic Economy fares. Seat assignments will be auto-assigned for Basic Economy fare holders during check in.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Here is what DL says about Basic Economy E class fares:
ok, but in the screencap GoCanes posted the "Not Upgrade Eligible" popup is showing for a T fare (and the row for the flight number indicated doesn't even have an E fare shown)?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm seeing the same issues again today. I'm trying to see if any SDC-eligible flights have upgrades available (believe it or not that does happen on SAT flights), and every single flight shows Not Upgrade Eligible.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:25 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Im getting the same message as well
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
looking for SEA-WAS on Sun and seeing rocks ... the Sat night redeye over JFK was showing available ~2100PDT last night so it's apparently a recurring software glitch
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:57 am

still happening

im getting this on a NYC-SMF flight im pricing out- all itineraries are showing as not upgrade eligible.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I had the same problem last night.....and had it for the last few hours also......still "Not Upgrade Eligible"
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Having the same problem today on JFK-BOS, V fare, and a CRJ-900, so definitely have first (even shown in the seatmap).

When I look up the itinerary on delta.com, though, it shows Medallion Upgrade Requested, so looks like all is (actually) well.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Same issue

I started seeing this glitch last night (Tuesday night). I was looking at a SEA-LAX-GUA roundtrip all within the upgrade window. All of the segments said Upgrade Available. Now no matter what flight, what day, what city I look at it says "NOT UPGRADE ELIGIBLE"

I tried calling the Web Support folks as the Twitter people referred me to them. The person I spoke to was perhaps the most clueless offshore person I've ever spoken with. She really had no clue what I was talking about. How Frustrating.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Just booked coach from Jacksonville to Atlanta for Friday. For most of the day, the prevailing coach fares are $264 one way, but all are fare class S, "not upgrade eligible."

I checked Southwest to be sure -- their Anytime fare is $262 and the Business Select fare is $278. Have never seen Delta's similar fares be treated this way?

Has the SkyMiles program been enhanced?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by jacksafar
I tried calling the Web Support folks as the Twitter people referred me to them. The person I spoke to was perhaps the most clueless offshore person I've ever spoken with. She really had no clue what I was talking about. How Frustrating.
The web support people used to be fairly good, but you are right, the people I've spoken with lately are even more clueless than the regular DL agents. And that's saying something.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:38 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

All
We are aware of an issue that is impacting the display for upgrade eligibility in the shopping path and are working on a fix. This is a display issue only and does not impact upgrade functionality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.