Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta adding nonstop RDU-CDG May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta adding nonstop RDU-CDG May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Great news! Now there's no excuse not to explore the EU next summer.

Does this pave the way for a possible RDU-AMS in the future?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
lmsalman was responding/quoting him/herself in that one and making fun of him/herself.

But anyway, ^ for DL and RDU. Glad to see continued expansion at RDU. Many felt it was only a matter of "when", not "if" this route would start. Glad that day has come.
Thanks for that, definitely making fun of myself. I'll certainly be checking these tickets out Saturday morning to see what the prices look like for the first few weeks of this route.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:00 pm

For those of us from RDU who haven't been flying DL internationally these days, what kind of product can we expect on a 757 on this route? I know people who will change planes over taking AA's current 767 product to LHR.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I was told by AA that Delta was moving down to D eventually....I don't think the old US club was any bigger than the current skyclub and I don't think there was space for a 2nd one next to the old US club so I really don't see how they will expand skyclub.
Any mention from AA about expanding into DL SkyClub if DL eventually moves down to the old US Club? The AAdmirals club gets crowded especially in the couple hours before 174 to LHR.

Happy to see this but still not sold on its long-term viability. I think FRA would have been a better option for businesses but only UA could've made that work and they don't have enough traffic at RDU to pull that off and I get DL going with CDG given AF continuing connections.

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RDUDEVIL
For those of us from RDU who haven't been flying DL internationally these days, what kind of product can we expect on a 757 on this route? I know people who will change planes over taking AA's current 767 product to LHR.
AA should be more competitive now that they have brought the reconfigured 767 with a 1-2-1 J cabin onto RDU-LHR. The 777 flew the route over the summer.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Sep 24, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
Does DL fly RDU-LHR?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hard8
Does DL fly RDU-LHR?
Nope it's AA
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Any mention from AA about expanding into DL SkyClub if DL eventually moves down to the old US Club? The AAdmirals club gets crowded especially in the couple hours before 174 to LHR.

Happy to see this but still not sold on its long-term viability. I think FRA would have been a better option for businesses but only UA could've made that work and they don't have enough traffic at RDU to pull that off and I get DL going with CDG given AF continuing connections.
I don't think there is any market where FRA is the optimal choice for limited TATL routes. CDG is a much better market in pretty much every single way.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by RDUDEVIL
The 75S has 16 lie flat J seats up front in a 2-2 configuration that is similar to AA's TCON A321 J cabin. 7ish rows of Y+ with extra recline and legroom, and nose to tail AVOD (which AIUI the reconfigured AA 767 does not have). Not sure about wifi... the 75S has domestic Gogo but would presumably get the international service at some point.

So DL gets you AVOD and transfers at CDG, AA gets you direct aisle access in J and fewer middle seats in Y and transfers at LHR.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Great addition indeed. I'd rather fly Delta metal and clear immigration and customs at RDU when flying to the east coast than going through MIA.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
AA should be more competitive now that they have brought the reconfigured 767 with a 1-2-1 J cabin onto RDU-LHR.
AA neglected the coach cabin with its refurb of 767s. No AVOD. No Power. No 777-style drop-down overhead bins. The Delta 752s do better than that. AA refurbed less than 1/2 of its 767s at that.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
AA neglected the coach cabin with its refurb of 767s. No AVOD. No Power. No 777-style drop-down overhead bins. The Delta 752s do better than that. AA refurbed less than 1/2 of its 767s at that.
They didn't pick on coach, they don't have AVOD in J either.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
Bookings are available and seat maps are up.

At 9h25m scheduled return flight, what exactly is the range on the 757?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:55 am

They loaded award availability as well, though nothing cheap. Typical sky pesos redemptions.
No deals on fare either, $1800 rt.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
This is great news! I fly to RDU several times a year and this will certainly be a more convenient routing. Though the 757 does not give a direct aisle access from every J seat, perhaps once the route is very successful, a larger bird might be employed. Would be nice if the RDU-LAX flight got the 75S as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.