Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Credit Voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
Mileage Credit Voucher?

Long story short....delta gives me 10000 skymiles making up for an irrops which I am grateful for. The miles didnt post after a couple of days and I call back. This time they send me an email showing me the 10000 but the 10000 miles are in the form of a credit voucher and must be used in one year. Never seen this before. Always in the past miles are just deposited into the account with no expiration. I will see how it is applied to the account as it supposed to post in 24hrs. Just thought it was weird that now when delta is at fault the miles have an expiration date on them. Anybody else seen this.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Long story short....delta gives me 10000 skymiles making up for an irrops which I am grateful for. The miles didnt post after a couple of days and I call back. This time they send me an email showing me the 10000 but the 10000 miles are in the form of a credit voucher and must be used in one year. Never seen this before. Always in the past miles are just deposited into the account with no expiration. I will see how it is applied to the account as it supposed to post in 24hrs. Just thought it was weird that now when delta is at fault the miles have an expiration date on them. Anybody else seen this.
I've never seen a credit voucher for miles. How are you supposed to even use it?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Im not sure if they sent it to me in voucher form for easy reference or if its a new enhancement. It supposed to post by midnight tonight so we will see what happens.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Do you mean that they sent you or gave you a 10k voucher and it says it expires in a year? Since you state you're waiting for miles to appear that's what it sounds like. It's the voucher that expires not the miles in that case. I get vouchers for miles when things happen but have to turn them in before the voucher expires.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Yes thats what happened. Ive always just had them deposit straight into my account not via voucher. New one for me.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
It's new to me as well! dzflyer, please do post on how you turn in the mileage voucher/redeem, so that the miles appear in your account. Thanks and safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.