Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I use the D1 check in counter at LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

The wife and I are departing on an award BE RTW journey on Wednesday. Our first leg is LAX-SEA in Business(O), which is obviously really First class, then on to ICN in BE (Delta One?).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
If International Business (Delta One) then yes you can use. the LAX-SEA leg didn't even have to be FC, it could be coach.

I had this exact convo with America (the agent at the LAX Delta One check-in counter) last night at 9 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Sweet! Thanks!

Someone has the name "America"? Is it the black lady who always wears a hat? She has the most fun checking people in. She's a hoot.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
YEAH! when she told me, i said, "excuse me, America.??"

She laughed politely and confirmed. She was very sweet , not black and very knowledgable of the new check-in. i was geeking out with her regarding all the new stuff and the DC-9 horizontal stabilizer desk... what a dream...

And no problem!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

I knew it! She has a lot of fun with the honeymooners flying to Hawaii!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
Delta One LAX Check In - Terms and Conditions

I've got a D1 flight - LAX-HND coming up next week. I just got the invitation email. That email includes the terms and conditions for access to the D1 check in - here they are for anyone wanting to know. Good to see that 360s get access regardless of class of travel - another point of differentiation.

Terms & Conditions
Delta ONESM at LAX: Access to and use of Delta ONESM at LAX are reserved for customers confirmed in one of the following cabins: a nonstop Delta OneT ticket to New York-JFK; a nonstop Delta One ticket on a long-haul transoceanic* flight that is 6.5 or more hours; a domestic Delta ticket in any class connecting to a same-day Delta One ticket on a long-haul transoceanic* Delta flight that is 6.5 or more hours; a nonstop transoceanic* ticket in First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight, Virgin Atlantic-operated flight or Virgin Australia-operated flight; or a domestic ticket in any class connecting to same-day First/Business ticket on an transoceanic SkyTeam-operated, Virgin Atlantic-operated or Virgin Australia-operated flight. Customers in Delta's VIP Select and Delta 360°T Program may also access Delta ONESM at LAX, regardless of cabin. Delta marketed- and operated First Class domestic tickets and/or Business Class tickets on flights less than 6.5 hours are not eligible. SkyTeam, Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic marketed- and operated Premium Economy transoceanic tickets are not eligible. Customers must be confirmed in Delta One, SkyTeam First/Business Class, Virgin Australia Business Class or Virgin Atlantic Upper Class for the transoceanic segment of their itinerary. Only companions in the same reservation are eligible to access the Delta ONESM at LAX check-in. *Transoceanic travel includes travel between Los Angeles-LAX and Europe/Middle East, Asia, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Africa.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
It's interesting how mileage redemptions are eligible, but not Y tickets upgraded with GUCs or miles.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
It's interesting how mileage redemptions are eligible, but not Y tickets upgraded with GUCs or miles.
Why not? They would be confirmed and ticketed in the D1 cabin provided that they're not merely hoping to be upgraded at the gate.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive

I was able to use D1 Checkin on Y with a confirmed RUC upgrade to JFK. Honestly it was hardly worth it and didn't save time. And then I ended up switched to domestic F because my leg to BOS cancelled before leaving LAX.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Really? Last month, my wife and I used it on tickets upgraded with GUC on a LAX-BOS-LHR. However, since LAX-BOS was late, we ended doing LAX-JFK-LHR arriving 30 minutes later (7:30am instead of 7:00 am.)
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Tickets upgraded via instrument/miles are indeed eligible. Once an upgrade has cleared, Delta treats the ticket like any F/J ticket. There isn't an asterisk on it that says: 'No D1 check-in for you!'

Of course, if you have to wait for your upgrade to clear at the gate, you wouldn't be eligible.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Interesting ATL-LIM seems to be ineligible per the T&Cs of entry, yet it is D1 service and no complimentary medallion upgrades are offered (unlike BOG, CCS, etc.).
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:46 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jthomps
I've got a D1 flight - LAX-HND coming up next week. I just got the invitation email. That email includes the terms and conditions for access to the D1 check in - here they are for anyone wanting to know. Good to see that 360s get access regardless of class of travel - another point of differentiation.

Terms & Conditions
Delta ONESM at LAX: Access to and use of Delta ONESM at LAX are reserved for customers confirmed in one of the following cabins: a nonstop Delta OneT ticket to New York-JFK; a nonstop Delta One ticket on a long-haul transoceanic* flight that is 6.5 or more hours; a domestic Delta ticket in any class connecting to a same-day Delta One ticket on a long-haul transoceanic* Delta flight that is 6.5 or more hours; a nonstop transoceanic* ticket in First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight, Virgin Atlantic-operated flight or Virgin Australia-operated flight; or a domestic ticket in any class connecting to same-day First/Business ticket on an transoceanic SkyTeam-operated, Virgin Atlantic-operated or Virgin Australia-operated flight. Customers in Delta's VIP Select and Delta 360°T Program may also access Delta ONESM at LAX, regardless of cabin. Delta marketed- and operated First Class domestic tickets and/or Business Class tickets on flights less than 6.5 hours are not eligible. SkyTeam, Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic marketed- and operated Premium Economy transoceanic tickets are not eligible. Customers must be confirmed in Delta One, SkyTeam First/Business Class, Virgin Australia Business Class or Virgin Atlantic Upper Class for the transoceanic segment of their itinerary. Only companions in the same reservation are eligible to access the Delta ONESM at LAX check-in. *Transoceanic travel includes travel between Los Angeles-LAX and Europe/Middle East, Asia, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Africa.
So it looks like I can use the D1 check-in for my LAX-LAS flight after my KLM flight in BE.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by puddinhead
So it looks like I can use the D1 check-in for my LAX-LAS flight after my KLM flight in BE.
Shouldn't you be checked in already?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Shouldn't you be checked in already?
The poster will be switching terminals at LAX and possibly need to re-check bags prior to domestic connection. So it would make sense to enter Terminal 5 at the D1 Checkpoint if permitted when connecting from D1 international arrival to domestic first departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.