Wiki Posts
Search

MSP G Skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
MSP G Skyclub

Wow... the new seating is a HUGE improvement.
Many more seats, more comfortable, more power.
Understand it was finished on Friday.
Food offerings continue to get better too.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cliburn
I was through MSP twice this weekend and didn't attempt to use the F/G SC. If I had known, I would have made a point to check it out.

The sad thing is that it was redone not long ago, shortly after the merger. Many of the chairs starting looking awful very fast so that the prompt deltafication of this lounge was a big downgrade, including the removal of the wonderful cubicles and their replacement with those miserable white plastic high narrow shelves where one is supposed tom work in the open while perched on a barstool.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm Reason: Added second paragraph
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PLAT MM SC Lifetime
My next opportunity isn't until September 3.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:17 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I agree - I was there on Sunday and really like the changes. Lots of outlets and the furniture seems more durable/easier to maintain.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I agree - I was there on Sunday and really like the changes. Lots of outlets and the furniture seems more durable/easier to maintain.
Durable and easy to maintain could mean plastic bus station furniture or hospital ER waiting room chairs. Then I guess it won't matter as much if people change diapers on the seats.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:23 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Durable and easy to maintain could mean plastic bus station furniture or hospital ER waiting room chairs. Then I guess it won't matter as much if people change diapers on the seats.
It's not. Seating is leather* and there are many of the marbled flat surfaces next to/between seating options. There wasn't any cloth seating that I could see which IMO shows age, stains, tears, frayed edges, etc.

It is probably a leather-like product but seemed reasonable enough
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Wow. I was just there a week ago. Sorry I missed it. I spent a lot of hours in the SEA skyclub recently. The food was better than expected, but the furniture in that relatively new club was definitely aging.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I just left there and was pleasantly surprised. But, I didn't notice the seats until I was leaving. I sat at the counter near the bar and didn't look up until it was time to leave.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
It's not. Seating is leather* and there are many of the marbled flat surfaces next to/between seating options. There wasn't any cloth seating that I could see which IMO shows age, stains, tears, frayed edges, etc.

It is probably a leather-like product but seemed reasonable enough
One wonders why DL never considered the need to have seating that can be easily cleaned & disinfected. Afterall, people spend all day eating and drinking in those chairs, they need to be able to be wiped off with a rag and cleaning solution.

Did they select chairs that don't have deep crevices where food and other items can get crammed into?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
Upgrades

F/G club currently under construction. Avoid for now, they don't have the coffee machine (horrible really old dispensers). Breakfast was only prepackaged snacks. On the plus side booze was self pour.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:57 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by guller
F/G club currently under construction. Avoid for now, they don't have the coffee machine (horrible really old dispensers). Breakfast was only prepackaged snacks. On the plus side booze was self pour.
Ya, I posted this last week somewhere else, but I forget where.

The booze - for those who are interested - is indeed self-pour from a bunch of bottles on a table, but the selection is EXTREMELY limited. I know I saw some stand-up refrigerators / coolers with soda cans. I think there was beer in there, too. It didn't really interest me, but, I realize as a good FlyerTalker detective (not to mention Deputy Diamond ), I should've taken some pics!

I do remember a large selection of yogurts!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Ya, I posted this last week somewhere else, but I forget where.

The booze - for those who are interested - is indeed self-pour from a bunch of bottles on a table, but the selection is EXTREMELY limited. I know I saw some stand-up refrigerators / coolers with soda cans. I think there was beer in there, too. It didn't really interest me, but, I realize as a good FlyerTalker detective (not to mention Deputy Diamond ), I should've taken some pics!

I do remember a large selection of yogurts!
This lounge, especially the food serve area, has been in need of an remodel for years. I wonder if they will be offering enhanced food service like SEA/JFK/SFO/LAX?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This lounge, especially the food serve area, has been in need of an remodel for years.
Ya, it has always seemed - ever so slightly - TACKY to hafto get down on your hands and knees to get veggies out of the bottom shelf of the waist high cooler!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This lounge, especially the food serve area, has been in need of an remodel for years. I wonder if they will be offering enhanced food service like SEA/JFK/SFO/LAX?
I was there yesterday. Well actually I walked in and just said never mind. Anyway, they have a sign in there that says one of the enhancements coming is a "food buffet".

Cmon Mac and cheese!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I love the DL team at MSP and I love the MSP airport, but the MSP "flagship" SkyClub has to be the sorriest of any of the hubs. No showers, food crammed in a tiny spot, often inadequate seating, no views. Ugh.

I've recently been hanging out in the Escape lounge on the opposite end of the main mall. it's not exactly Air France First Class lounge at CDG, but it's nicer than F/G.

I'd love to see a true redo/rebuild of the F/G SkyClub, but I guess a little remodel will help somewhat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.