Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Delta Customer Service

First I do not work for Delta. I do not have family who work for Delta. So many times people are quick to point out the disservice but not many want to talk about the good service. I had the experience last year of booking flights for family flying to US from Europe. Son decided he wanted to stay an extra week. I called and got the usual customer service person and explained that I needed her supervisor because what I was going to ask for would not be easily obtained (I THOUGHT). She moved me up and I explained the issue to the supervisor. I am a stage IV breast cancer fighter and having my family here for an extra week meant everything to me. I never, ever play the cancer card because all of us in the long run have some card to play if we want the sympathy vote. I did not plan on saying anything but when the tears started running down my cheeks, I was asked what was going on. I then explained. While some would wonder did I hit the Ellen Jackpot and get free tickets or first class or whatever? Nope. I simply got what I asked for and was made to feel like it was their pleasure to be able to help me. I wrote the President of Delta and actually heard back from a representative of his. She wanted to make sure everything went well and to check on me. She continues to check on me. I was not going to share this because once again, don't like sharing the cancer card or set up someone to decide what a great scam and they should try it. I believe that is some kind of bad karma you don't even want to bring on yourself if you try that. I am here a year later, still doing the battle. I realize they cannot do this on a regular basis. They are a business. People sometimes forget that. BUT for all the ragging I hear on the airlines, I wanted someone to have something positive to see, see it about Delta and maybe remember it next time you want to book a flight. Delta will always be my family's first choice.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Awesome post. Good luck with your fight against cancer.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Yes

Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014

Great post. You're in my prayers And your karma is obviously good
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
+1. Thanks for sharing your story and experience.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
I've never had anything but a positive experience when I call their support line as well.

When my wife had chemo treatments and I had to adjust my schedule, they were happy to move my flights around waiving any change fee.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Awesome first post. Welcome to FT and the DL forum.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Best of luck and never stop fighting as technology is changing fast.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire
Thank you for sharing your story. I am a 24 year breast cancer survivor (not stage 4, but I was only 34 with an aggressive form of cancer so I understand your situation). And thank you for reminding all of us to be more fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.