DL to ATH then Aegean to SKG

Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
DL to ATH then Aegean to SKG

Are there changes in security and/or immigration since the last time (2011?) I took DL into ATH then Aegean or Olympic to Crete or Thessaloniki?

I am DL D1 OKC-ATL-JFK-ATH then economy on Aegean from ATH to SKG. I have a small tote bag that I could take onboard DL flights with my rollaboard but will Aegean force me to check this before boarding and charge me 17 Euros? If so, I would be better to check the tote from OKC since DL will interline my luggage.

I have almost 5 hours to make the connection, but I am uncertain how to navigate the maze from the international to the domestic terminal. Also, I plan to use my PP to get into the Melina Merkouri Lounge which seems to be better than the Goldair Handling CIP lounge, right? Is one lounge closer to the gate for my Aegean flight from ATH to SKG?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:38 am

Why would you not post these questions in the Aegean forum?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
It is not unusual for a DL flyer to take JFK-ATH on DL medal then switch to Aegean or Olympic for the islands or other domestic flights. It would be less likely that an Aegean flyer would fly into ATH on DL since DL is not a partner airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.