Wiki Posts
Search

DL101 DeltaOne Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Question DL101 DeltaOne Service

Friends, just a post for planning purposes. Anyone know what the dinner service looks like on DL101? With a post 10p departure just wondering if the dinner is worth staying up for (the locally-sourced menu from ATL) or not so much? Any suggestions/recent experiences? Big thanks!

The RTW adventure begins tomorrow!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CGNC
Friends, just a post for planning purposes. Anyone know what the dinner service looks like on DL101? With a post 10p departure just wondering if the dinner is worth staying up for (the locally-sourced menu from ATL) or not so much? Any suggestions/recent experiences? Big thanks!

The RTW adventure begins tomorrow!
I think the food is good, but not great. I wouldn't stay up for it if you want to sleep on your way to EZE. There are some good restaurants in the E and F concourses if you are looking for a bite to eat.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Its fine. Nothing special, same as most BE flights. Sleep!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can one eat in the E or F SCs before the flight?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:51 pm

That flight's long enough that you can eat both meals and still get a reasonable amount of sleep. Potentially skip breakfast to sleep a bit longer or request the single tray meal service for dinner. But it's around 2 hours longer than most flights to Europe, with a minimal time difference, so there's a lot less pressure to get to sleep quickly.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can one eat in the E or F SCs before the flight?
With a D1 ticket, you will be offered a tapas-like plate of four different offerings, along with a suggested paring glass of wine. Quite tasty, actually. I'm sure this would be the case from the Concourse F SC, since we recently experienced this with our D1 flight to Amsterdam. However, given your late departure, I'm not so sure. It would be nice, since you could dine in the SC and then sleep on the flight.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by arkangel
With a D1 ticket, you will be offered a tapas-like plate of four different offerings, along with a suggested paring glass of wine. Quite tasty, actually. I'm sure this would be the case from the Concourse F SC, since we recently experienced this with our D1 flight to Amsterdam. However, given your late departure, I'm not so sure. It would be nice, since you could dine in the SC and then sleep on the flight.
I'm at ATL F SC now and can report that the tapas service has been enhanced away. Now there's a hot buffet open to all with four stations but only two choices: some halal ground lamb and beef on a stick and a heavy looking pasta. There aren't coupons for a drink from the Luxury Bar either. I snacked on popcorn and water so I hope my D1 meal on board is good.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Yeah, nothing offered in the F SC as well last Tuesday before the ATL-AMS leg. Must have missed that hot buffet as i didn't see it.
Expect more (red wine-braised) lamb shank on the plane.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:39 am

The hot buffet was behind the standard SC table of food, against the wall that's behind where you enter and the Luxury Bar.

Dinner on board was short ribs, cow au vin, cheese ravioli, or the cold plate with salmon. It was the standard BE/ D1 meal with an appetizer of shrimp and avocado, a reasonably big salad, cauliflower soup, and dessert of a sundae, fancy ice cream, cheese and fruit, and several small sweet things.

What was new to me was the smoked pecans--very good--served cold in a small dish with the first drink service up in the air. This was in addition to the little bag of candied nuts and drives fruit offered with the PDBs.

I slept through breakfast by design, but the choice was quiche or granola.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
cow au vin
I've never actually seen that before.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:36 pm

It seems that autocorrect doesn't know French.....although perhaps flights to Buenos Aires cause one to dream of beef.

ADDED: I just noticed that the dish is called (due to Michelle Bernstein?) chicken coq au vin. Maybe this means that it's not really a coq but rather comes from a bird of the wrong sex and age.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 3, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:22 pm

The hot buffet was behind the standard SC table of food, against the wall that's behind where you enter and the Luxury Bar.
Ok, they hid it well or i might have overlooked those.

What was new to me was the smoked pecans--very good--served cold in a small dish with the first drink service up in the air. This was in addition to the little bag of candied nuts and drives fruit offered with the PDBs.
ooh yes remember those, not bad at all The spiced Georgia pecans with Delta's signature beverage 'the peachtree old fashioned'. Normally they offered the Delta Sunrise cocktail.
Also was new to me and most likely to the FA as well

ADDED: I just noticed that the dish is called (due to Michelle Bernstein?) chicken coq au vin. Maybe this means that it's not really a coq but rather comes from a bird of the wrong sex and age.
Might be added there to help out the non french speaking pax onboard? Now it actually reads 'chicken chicken with wine'.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:38 pm

But you're not supposed to make coq au vin with just any dead animal of the chicken species. It should be a rooster that had a very long life. The dish isn't young female poulet au vin. One could perhaps read the name of the dish as suggesting that a young and possibly female chicken was given a coq au vin treatment, namely that it was cooked long and slowly in a red wine sauce.

On my flight the drink featured with the pecans (which weren't listed as of Georgia origin) was the Delta Sunrise Cocktail. If something made from peaches was offered, I missed it, but something like champagne and peach juice (is that basically a Bellini?) would be good if it's not too sweet.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:10 pm

Oops is it? When getting it in the Rhône-Alpes & Languedoc-Roussillon region it was simply (female) chicken. Kudos for Delta if they use a cock that had a long live, but in those times? Lot of restaurants/recipes simply use/calls for simply chicken. If it's a rooster it's probally castrated & fattened as fast as possible.

The beverage was featuring, quote: Cognac with flavors of fresh peaches, clove, chamomile and lemonpeper
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
A hot buffet would have been nice on my recent JFK-EUR flight. I was given a menu for the tapas, but couldn't flag anyone down (I swear they were avoiding eye contact) to put in my order before I had to leave for the gate. I wasn't too upset, as I was still a bit full from my LAX transcon flight, and wanted to save room for the Blue Smoke menu, but was looking forward to trying the tapas nevertheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.