Wiki Posts
Search

DL Showing Yes/No Award Space on EF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
DL Showing Yes/No Award Space on EF

Team, I'm sorry, but the search function isn't returning any results for "EF" or "Expert Flyer" even though I know we've all discussed this before. TPG posted today that DL has once again allowed low level award space to be found on EF.com. It appears they are just showing Yes/No vs. the customary numbers of seats, but something is better than nothing.

Would be great if we could get some more data to reappear now!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Was actually just going to post about this (I'm the author of the TPG post). My tests have indicated that it seems to match the inventory displayed on Delta.com. As I indicate in the post, you can still find the total number of available seats in R, O and N class (up to a total of 7); you'll just need to search for specific numbers.

Note that the alert feature does allow you to enter number of seats.

Great to see this added!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Still nothing for OP/RP inventory however? I'd be ok with it showing even YES/NO for that too if they don't want the exact number displayed.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:41 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Nice to see some cooperation with EF again!

Wonder how married segments are displayed in EF and the changing availability when looking at married segments.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I strongly suspect this is NOT in cooperation with Delta - likely EF is getting this data from one of DL's partners (explaining why they only can see low space).

Note that if you look closely, the brand "Delta" has been expunged from the drop downs on their site: it now just says "DL - DAL".

Kudos to ExpertFlyer for getting creative here and standing up for our rights as informed consumers. Hopefully they can find an avenue for getting revenue availability soon, too.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
FAQ

Originally Posted by rylan
Still nothing for OP/RP inventory however? I'd be ok with it showing even YES/NO for that too if they don't want the exact number displayed.
I included FAQs in the post that address this:

Q: Does this mean that upgrade availability is being shown again?
A: No, the R and O classes being shown represent awards, not upgrades. Upgrade inventory was only available via the reservation systems (GDS) which Delta is preventing us from using for accessing their data.

Q: Does this mean that the other non-award DL data (fare classes, seat maps, etc) will be returning to ExpertFlyer?
A: No, Delta still is preventing us from accessing any reservation system (GDS) data.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Wow! So great to have this functionality back again.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Is it just me, or is this not working at the moment? Delta is currently not showing up on the list of airlines in the award/upgrade search.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:49 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
I strongly suspect this is NOT in cooperation with Delta - likely EF is getting this data from one of DL's partners (explaining why they only can see low space).
If it is not in cooperation with DL then I don't expect it to stick around very long.

Originally Posted by lamont2718
Is it just me, or is this not working at the moment? Delta is currently not showing up on the list of airlines in the award/upgrade search.
Maybe that was all we got.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:05 pm

Where are you looking? It's still there and working under Awards & Upgrades under the airline "DAL - DL"

Originally Posted by TTT
If it is not in cooperation with DL then I don't expect it to stick around very long.
Since other services/tools have had DL award data for years, that doesn't seem like it will be the case.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by pete4212
Where are you looking? It's still there and working under Awards & Upgrades under the airline "DAL - DL"
When I view the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page (http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do), the list of airlines goes immediately from "CSA Czech Airlines - OK" to "El Al - LY". I don't see "DAL - DL" anywhere.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:44 pm

When I view the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page (http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do), the list of airlines goes immediately from "CSA Czech Airlines - OK" to "El Al - LY". I don't see "DAL - DL" anywhere.
Sounds like a browser/proxy caching issue. However since you seem to be the only one affected, you should email EF support for help.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see a few segments with low award seats when I do a flexible search. I haven't tried to verify the results on delta.dumb.

HMMM....when I try a search for fare class availability, the red text is still there saying that "DL has requested that we no longer offer to you any information on DL....."
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HMMM....when I try a search for fare class availability, the red text is still there saying that "DL has requested that we no longer offer to you any information on DL....."
Did you see the FAQ that was posted with the TPG post?

Originally Posted by Deemus7
I included FAQs in the post that address this:

Q: Does this mean that upgrade availability is being shown again?
A: No, the R and O classes being shown represent awards, not upgrades. Upgrade inventory was only available via the reservation systems (GDS) which Delta is preventing us from using for accessing their data.

Q: Does this mean that the other non-award DL data (fare classes, seat maps, etc) will be returning to ExpertFlyer?
A: No, Delta still is preventing us from accessing any reservation system (GDS) data.
It would seem that the award data is independent of the other data.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
ExpertFlyer didn't show award inventory before the great clampdown, so this is actually new functionality, for EF anyway.

The Yes/No availability as opposed to actual seat counts is pretty much exactly what KVS has always shown, so it sounds like EF got their hands on whatever datasource or methodology KVS was using.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.