Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

flight from EWR to ATL in first class with delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight from EWR to ATL in first class with delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Red face flight from EWR to ATL in first class with delta

Hello i will be flying in september in a md-88 and i would be flying in morning and i would like to know a little... if anyone has traveled in this route at this time i would like to know if this planes have good legroom and how is the meal service...if anyone could send some pictures i would really appreciate it .
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Check the flight time and and see if a meal is served. Most likely yes.

It will be a similar offering as the LGA-ATL route. Check the delta meal thread.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The legroom on a DL MD-88 is the same regardless of the route. EWR-ATL is the same as LGA-ATL or even ATL-MSP, etc. DL doesn't reposition seats before every flight.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Fine dining, Steak and Lobster, Krug Champagne, fine linen table settings, impeccable service with a smile and unparalleled level of professionalism. Lie-flat beds with down comforters.

No, standard bland food and you're lucky if you get a pillow that hasn't been sneezed on. Seats that recline 6 inches with a little bit of legroom. Enjoy.

Last edited by DLATL777; Jul 28, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:29 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Fine fining, Steak and Lobster, Krug Champagne, fine linen table settings, impeccable service with a smile and unparalleled level of professionalism. Lie-flat beds with down comforters.
You forgot the personalized at-your-seat food cutting service, on demand comforter turn-down service, and of course, chocolate on your pillow!

Obviously, I'm kidding and I realize that the OP isn't familiar with Delta's service, and is seeking help, but I just couldn't resist!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
You can check seatguru.com for information on leg room (the Delta MD-88 has a 37" pitch in First - distance between seats) and there are some pictures as well although they are mostly showing the economy section of the plane. The breakfast meal service will probably consist of a choice between an omelet and a cereal/fruit plate.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by luist76
Hello i will be flying in september in a md-88 and i would be flying in morning and i would like to know a little... if anyone has traveled in this route at this time i would like to know if this planes have good legroom and how is the meal service...if anyone could send some pictures i would really appreciate it .

For a short hop like that keep your expectations very low and you will be happy. Not sure how much FC travel you have done lately but it is not all that amazing. It is really measured in how much it sucks a little less than coach.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Lie-flat beds with down comforters.
Is there enough room to spoon with the ex-supermodel flight attendant?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
If you like to drink adult beverages, you'll have enough time to have at least 4 plus the PDB on this 2+ hour flight. Load up on peanuts and snacks when they pass the basket around.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ND76
If you like to drink adult beverages, you'll have enough time to have at least 4 plus the PDB on this 2+ hour flight. Load up on peanuts and snacks when they pass the basket around.
Time in the air is only 1:36 and with 20 minute climb out and a 1/2 hour decent it leaves under an hour...Yup I could get 4 or 5 in but I am a professional.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the help!!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ND76
Plus the amount of time it takes to get the YC carts of our first class....so annoying
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hope these help (all pictures by me)

LPDAL's Photostream on Flickr - Photo Sharing

-LPDAL
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Have you booked already? If not, save your money and grab the bulkhead (seat A,D, or E) in C+. Tons of legroom and free booze. "Meal" service is pretty worthless these days on most domestic flights so I wouldn't even consider it any sort of enhancement.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
If the OP is asking these questions, he/she will be sorely disappointed with what's delivered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.