Disagreement with SC attendant.

Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
What the heck would the bowls be used for? I always thought the bigger bowls were for the soup. Can you imagine that thing for trail mix?

You can always get several cups so I don't see this being a portion control issue. I also think I know who you are talking about as I noticed an attendant who was helpful and one who was wearing her mood on her face.

Very bizarre that you were in that situation indeed and I am still baffled about the "cup usage rules".
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Originally Posted by jimquan

Perhaps ATL attendant B was protecting the Thai soup supply ... a 'more for me' mentality?

Jim
I agree, sort of (but not the 'more for me"). I bet they were either running low on supply, or she they were getting tired of heating more of it up. I can see it as an effective way of stretching out the supply so everyone can have some. Which I didn't mind, it was just the way she said it.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Originally Posted by Tibs
You can always get several cups so I don't see this being a portion control issue. I also think I know who you are talking about as I noticed an attendant who was helpful and one who was wearing her mood on her face.
If the helpful one was a thin lady with an Indian name, that was "A". Very nice lady. My favorite attendant, though Mr Early in A17 is a close 2nd.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The silliest part of the whole thing, is . . . . Why did she make him dump the soup from 1 large cup into 2 smaller ones? They were already dirty.

But . . . The more profound question is . . . .

Originally Posted by jeffjohnvol
. . . . and went to my corner to eat my soup and . . . .
Does one "eat" soup . . . .

or drink it?!?

Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're going to carry soup across a crowded room, to me it makes more sense to put it into a larger bowl. It's less likely to spill, make a mess, and possibly burn people.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I usually just pull a chair up to the soup trough and stick into it right there. The serving spoon makes for nice big scoops of rice and most of the time people just stay away....way away
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

it is an enhancement

by using the smaller cups, they want you to think you are getting the most for your money.

soup cup monetization!

oh wait... the soup is free - they would never want to enhance something that is free
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jackplum
oh wait... the soup is free - they would never want to enhance something that is free
Premium soups coming soon to a Sky Club near you -- you shall be enhanced!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
On a similar note . . . .

I absolutely HATE the tiny F coffee cups. I always tell the FA that they remind me of one of those mother/daughter kids tea services! If I hava cup of coffee, and it's really good <it doesn't happen too often>, I ask for a "PILOT'S cup", which is a much larger styrofoam cup.

Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if they would get rid of Sbux coffee I would be right there with you
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I was in a SC recently and filled up my water bottle from the large Dasani bottles at the bar. Tacky? A little. Illegal? No.

The bartender just about lept over the bar to scold me and demanded to know whether I touched the lip of the bottle to my water bottle. I replied of course not to which she breathed a sigh of relief but I thought it was both excellently prudent and overly aggressive at the same time.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by keloutwest
I was in a SC recently and filled up my water bottle from the large Dasani bottles at the bar. Tacky? A little. Illegal? No.

The bartender just about lept over the bar to scold me and demanded to know whether I touched the lip of the bottle to my water bottle. I replied of course not to which she breathed a sigh of relief but I thought it was both excellently prudent and overly aggressive at the same time.
Yeah, we don't wanna be swapping spit randomly.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM PM

I'm with the bartender here. She just wanted to make sure to toss it if you had - probably I would have anyway. Most people don't think their farts stink or their germs can harm others.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

A nice SC amenity would be one of those water bottle fill stations. Some of the new designs make it so that you can't touch the lip of your bottle to the tap.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
A nice SC amenity would be one of those water bottle fill stations. Some of the new designs make it so that you can't touch the lip of your bottle to the tap.
The Coke Freestyle machine has a water button. I wish they had those in more clubs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.