Is Wifi Complimentary in First Class

Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Is Wifi Complimentary in First Class

Taking my first trip on Delta in three weeks. I'm traveling in First and I was wondering if the Wifi is free? The description provided is not really clear.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
No, it's not free.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
No. It is not.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:16 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Taking my first trip on Delta in three weeks. I'm traveling in First and I was wondering if the Wifi is free? The description provided is not really clear.
I'm curious to know what verbiage you're seeing that makes you think that it MIGHT be free?!?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Delta.com is free, and sometimes Facebook and/or Google are free as well. On my last Delta flight I could access gmail without ever buying or logging into Gogo. (And yes, it was live gmail, not a local cache -- I sent and received emails in flight.)

Chromebook laptops come with several Gogo access passes.

Gogo is cheaper on a mobile device. You can change your browser's user agent so it appears to Gogo as a smartphone. This flirts with unethical territory but many respectable people are open about doing it (as they would be open with deleting NYTimes.com browser cookies to read more articles for free).

You can also email Gogo after your flight ends, complain that it was slow, and receive a full refund. This is blatantly unethical unless the service was indeed unusable, which it often is, actually.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No, although StudioDelta is free in FC (and basically works through the GoGo system).

Everyone can access delta.dumb for free. IIRC there are a couple other websites (Amazon?) that are free too, but this might have changed.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Everyone can access delta.dumb for free. IIRC there are a couple other websites (Amazon?) that are free too, but this might have changed.
Used to be eBay, but that's looooong gone!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Used to be eBay, but that's looooong gone!
I guess this is proof that I don't use eBay.

BTW, it would be awesome if Google were free.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I really think that paid F/D1 tickets should come with a free internet voucher. Right now it's the only fee in an otherwise all inclusive experience (perhaps also the Sky Club but one does not need to visit a SC).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really think that paid F/D1 tickets should come with a free internet voucher.
So, how would GoGo make money, being that they're a separate business?

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
(perhaps also the Sky Club but one does not need to visit a SC).
But, one "needs" the internet?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by davie355
Chromebook laptops come with several Gogo access passes.
This only applies to some new (not refurbished) Chromebooks with "Google Goodies". I bought an Asus Chromebook with Goodies several months ago; the value of the 12 Gogo passes alone exceeded the price of the Chromebook.

Regrettably, Delta Studio does not work on Chromebooks.

Last edited by Bowgie; Jul 5, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
You can also email Gogo after your flight ends, complain that it was slow, and receive a full refund. This is blatantly unethical unless the service was indeed unusable, which it often is, actually.
Yeah, this would never be unethical. Are you implying Gogo is every anything but slow and almost unusable?

This flirts with unethical territory but many respectable people are open about doing it (as they would be open with deleting NYTimes.com browser cookies to read more articles for free).
Oh, man, my university professor friend always brags about getting as many NYT articles as he wants every month by doing this. Are you implying he might be respectable? No. It cannot be.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
So, how would GoGo make money, being that they're a separate business?

DL would still pay GoGo whatever amount it pays them per connection (or however the contract works).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Taking my first trip on Delta in three weeks. I'm traveling in First and I was wondering if the Wifi is free?
ROFL
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I'm curious to know what verbiage you're seeing that makes you think that it MIGHT be free?!?
I am sure it is the wording on the website that can be interpreted as free.

Stay connected with Wi-Fi (where available) on 3,400 daily flights within the U.S. First Class seats also come with built-in outlets on most flights by the end of 2015 and complimentary premium entertainment with Delta Studio™

But OP as others have stated. Although you can use Delta Studio for free and you access it through the WiFi, you do not get access to websites from your browser for free. If you want that as well you have to pay the GoGo fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.