Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Richard Anderson uses July SKY Magazine to complain about ME3.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richard Anderson uses July SKY Magazine to complain about ME3.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jackplum
Per my earlier comment about what this thread is about.

This is the kind of histrionics that makes no sense.

Don't want to read RA's comments? Don't read them.
I don't

Don't like the "bilge?" Don't watch. I can't remember a FA "forcing" a person to watch the safety video. I am sure all here can recite it by heart.

You can't turn off the RA speeches on the little monitors

My point was and is ... who cares? If you don't like Delta or RA, move on to a better place in your life.
My life is fine. I enjoy occasionally commenting on here. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Endless drivel about what RA writes or thinks or speaks makes me think people do not have a life.
See above.

Move on to something useful like volunteering whether at home or in another country, support equality, feed the poor, or be a guardian on a Honor Flight.

What I or any commenter does with their time is irrelevant to whether they amuse themselves by participating on this board. It certainly does not need your approval.

Nothing that is said here will impact either the US3 or ME3 or RA or anything else.

So why are you on this thread, then?

For the record, I was a Jim Whitehurst fan and was extremely disappointed when he "left." I was not a fan of RA but after meeting him and listening to his views and outlook, I was very impressed.

I think RA has done a good job. Stock is doing well and flight operations are comparable or better than other domestics.
In the same vein, who cares what you think about RA?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I read this thread as I find that people go rabid over the most innocuous things.

It makes for great humor.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pdbphoto
FWIW, today's grounding of the United Fleet due to computer problems, makes Mr. Anderson's Delta look a lot better. I don't recall this happening to Delta though I could be wrong. Just saying......
It happened to me on DL at CVG in 2002. Was just about to start boarding when DL's computer systems worldwide crashed. We were delayed about two hours past our original departure time. Flights were still landing at CVG but no departures until the systems were up and running again.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pdbphoto
FWIW, today's grounding of the United Fleet due to computer problems, makes Mr. Anderson's Delta look a lot better. I don't recall this happening to Delta though I could be wrong. Just saying......
Well at least at United they only had to suffer for an hour. We have to deal with Delta's crummy IT every day. I hear Delta is going to make the transition from tape cassettes to hard drives really soon though.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerslc
You can't turn off the RA speeches on the little monitors
Do you not own headphones?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:05 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
So I read it (thanks internet), and was unimpressed.

Innovative to thrive and survive. all I have to say.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
So I read it (thanks internet), and was unimpressed.

Innovative to thrive and survive. all I have to say.
It seems like most who sounded in on this issue with DOT also weren't impressed by the US3 claims about the GCC3 -- given that most seemingly didn't side with the whining US3 airlines:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielre...and-compete/2/
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
And in the brand new August issue he used his intro to brag about how the new Skymiles is BETTER for the customer and that Delta cares so much about their customers! Lol
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 355F1
And in the brand new August issue he used his intro to brag about how the new Skymiles is BETTER for the customer and that Delta cares so much about their customers! Lol
Rather amusing that he still brings up SkyMiles, if the reality is that the FFP doesn't make a difference (for DL and DL customers) and that all that matters are other operational aspects of the airline when it comes to any serious business traveler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.