Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the FC Pre-Flight service dead?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by SeaClay007

One of my biggest life lessons has been: It never hurts to ask, all someone can say is no.
Except when dealing with FA's
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by motytrah
I've had good luck with PDB this year. Usually O/D of MSP and it's been 100%.
Yep 90% + out of MSP^
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Were the FA's NY based?

Also is the term stewardess really offensive? Just asked my friend who is a FA for United and he said no with a chuckle although no one uses the term.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
Were the FA's NY based?

Also is the term stewardess really offensive? Just asked my friend who is a FA for United and he said no with a chuckle although no one uses the term.
I don't think offensive is the right word...perhaps antiquated is better.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
It's been a while since I've flown out of JFK but last week there was no PDB for the entire boarding time. They waited until we started our taxi to serve. Worked out quite well as we were in the conga line for about 45 minutes.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
It's been a while since I've flown out of JFK but last week there was no PDB for the entire boarding time. They waited until we started our taxi to serve. Worked out quite well as we were in the conga line for about 45 minutes.
It would have worked out twice as well if that would have been beverage service #2.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by sdix
Is this one of those Delta Grey things? PBD's are still policy I believe however I am more misses than hits. I'm lucky to get my jacket taken these days.

Having said that, I did have a great NY based crew JFK-SFO last Friday. Drinks were served, almond packets handed out and jackets hung.
Got into a friendly discussion with an unfriendly fa about hanging jackets....after the conversation all jackets were hung and pbds served😉
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by houserulz77
It would have worked out twice as well if that would have been beverage service #2.
It is beverage service #1 and #2 when you ask for 2 woodfords😃😃😃
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:37 pm

Of the times when there was no apparent reason why the FA's were not offering a preflight beverage or hanging coats, I have always politely asked.

Generally, that seems to do the trick and the FAs then offer preflight beverages and offer to hang coats, one time the FA said what I can get you, but did not offer anyone else in FC anything and one time she said if any First Class passenger wants something they can always ask and I will be happy to get it for them.

So, I am not sure that it is dead, maybe just waning a little, but I am not too terribly worried about either as it seems to go in spurts.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Got into a friendly discussion with an unfriendly fa about hanging jackets....after the conversation all jackets were hung and pbds served😉
Purely out of curiosity, how did that conversation go? Or at least, what did you say that motivated the FA to do her job? Was she hostile/defensive/begrudingly doing it?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I had PFB on all of my June flights. The only times I don't see it is if we're running behind.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
The FA on a flight last Sunday squeezed in two rounds of PDBs and took our orders for after departure.

And addressed everyone in F by name.

Nice!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Only in Delta One

Pre flight service has been discontinued in every class EXCEPT DeltaONE. There is a new $20 fee for pre-flight communication with flight attendants.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
New York based flight crew today heading msp-Jfk. We were over an hour late boarding. Not only a pdb but an incredibly friendly flight attendant in first class!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by spryam
New York based flight crew today heading msp-Jfk. We were over an hour late boarding. Not only a pdb but an incredibly friendly flight attendant in first class!
Wow, that's about as rare as a Bigfoot sighting.

A NY based crew that not only did their job, but were friendly too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.