Community
Wiki Posts
Search

schedule change - C+

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

schedule change - C+

I am usually only a lurker but am annoyed enough to ask for some help.

I booked a one way flight MIA-LAX-SMF. I bought paid for C+ on the MIA-LAX leg.

Delta changed the schedule to MIA-ATL-LAX-SMF with a 15 minute connection in ATL. I called CS and got the flight changed to an acceptable flight. I was told that the C+ was non refundable so I would lose it. After some conversation the CSR she applied the C+ to the MIA-ATL leg.
But I am not too happy to sit in C+ for 2 hours and then Coach for 5 hours.

Is there any hope of having the C+ swapped over to the longer flight? and who/where is the best place to appeal.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by lisa123

Delta changed the schedule to MIA-ATL-LAX-SMF with a 15 minute connection in ATL. I called CS and got the flight changed to an acceptable flight. I was told that the C+ was non refundable so I would lose it. After some conversation the CSR she applied the C+ to the MIA-ATL leg.

Is there any hope of having the C+ swapped over to the longer flight? and who/where is the best place to appeal.

Thanks in advance.
That is complete crap. Call back and find the right agent or get a supervisor involved. If not cancel, get a FULL refund since DL put you on an illegal connection in ATL (15 mins) and book with AA.

Why, did you accept this on the phone call to DL RES? That may be a problem. You accepted the new routing in Y. I would be on the phone at this moment to FIX THIS!

OP: You should have never agreed to this. Call back and get it fixed. Time matters on things like this! Good luck!

Please post back on what DL does.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice kettle1,

It took me two more calls to DL to get someone to help. Delta agreed to change the C+ to the longer flight.

I accepted the change because the CSR was adamant that there was no way to get it changed.

I'm glad I asked the question - I am just starting to travel more and am not always sure what my options are.

Appreciate the help.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Thanks for the advice kettle1,

It took me two more calls to DL to get someone to help. Delta agreed to change the C+ to the longer flight.

I accepted the change because the CSR was adamant that there was no way to get it changed.

I'm glad I asked the question - I am just starting to travel more and am not always sure what my options are.

Appreciate the help.
Good job! ^ Enjoy your flt's!

Have a great weekend!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kettle1
That is complete crap. Call back and find the right agent or get a supervisor involved. If not cancel, get a FULL refund since DL put you on an illegal connection in ATL (15 mins) and book with AA.
You need to review DOT guidance and DL's C of C to understand what kind of change qualifies the traveler for a free refund. Hint: An illegal connection doesn't. Misinforming people doesn't help.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold

Thanks in advance.
Assuming you didn't want to fly through LAX, hope you got re-booked with MIA-ATL-SMF. Why on earth would DL rebook you through LAX?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Cottonpatch -

We did get the MIA-ATL-SMF flight. Definitely better flight for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.