Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:46 pm

This article has a better picture:

http://travelcodex.com/2015/06/delta...ravel+Codex%29
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Currently in Delta One JFK-LAX
Same old soft-sided amenity kits that fill out "hotel/airline" booty shelf.
Ah well. Maybe we'll be able to SDC our J tix YVR-JFK to YVR-LAX-JFK on our return. (Better timing, not the amenity kit per se that's driving that switch.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I always liked the Delta logo on my kits (or at least on a little tag attached to the zipper).

The most distinctive amenity kit I've gotten recently was in February 2014 when I got a commemorative pouch from Air France celebrating "80 Ans" as an airline.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:27 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I am flying to Tokyo tomorrow so I will let y'all know which kit I get on the Westbound!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ND76
I always liked the Delta logo on my kits (or at least on a little tag attached to the zipper).

The most distinctive amenity kit I've gotten recently was in February 2014 when I got a commemorative pouch from Air France celebrating "80 Ans" as an airline.
I have a couple of those - one is actually still sealed up and was meant for eBay

I like the look of them, but the actual pouch itself always felt kind of cheap and dinky to me.

I do really enjoy the ones AF had after the 80 ANS ones. They had the flap with two buttons, came in a few different colors, and had the fun travel collage on the inside. I use one of them every day to carry my power brick, travel mouse, and presentation clicker.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: DL DM/MM

I really hope that I get two different kits if I'm flying from BKK to NRT and then front NRT to JFK! What do y'all think?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
The only way I know how to spend a $6,000 in one go is to make a multi-city itinerary for multiple trips/vacations all on one ticket over the span of the next year or so.

How does 4 round trips to Singapore sound?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
It looks like the pens are the same style that W Hotels use. I really like them a lot.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
The only way I know how to spend a $6,000 in one go is to make a multi-city itinerary for multiple trips/vacations all on one ticket over the span of the next year or so.

How does 4 round trips to Singapore sound?
Huh?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:31 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just boarded MSP-NRT. Looks like they are giving the hard case on the WestBound TPACs. ^^
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by gooselee
Huh?
Probably posted to wrong thread.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Today July 2, 2015:

I flew on DO SFO - JFK DL414 at 8:30AM. I can report that they just had the old amenity kits. Boo. I really wanted the hard case. It seems that international flights have the new ones and the TCONs will have them once the old ones are out of stock.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
You will get two kits JFK-NRT-BKK. We always have. Whether they will be different is different question! :-)
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Got the new soft-sided kit today CDG-PIT (we took off and returned to the airport and later cancelled, now in the Sheraton). Decent case, though I prefer the old one. Mouthwash is kind of like an individual use "shot," resembling a single use coffee creamer. No glass cloth or comb. The pen is of much better quality (though not fancy by any stretch of the imagination) and writes well. Overall, it's nice to have a new case, but the changes are pretty unexciting.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Today July 2, 2015:

I flew on DO SFO - JFK DL414 at 8:30AM. I can report that they just had the old amenity kits. Boo. I really wanted the hard case. It seems that international flights have the new ones and the TCONs will have them once the old ones are out of stock.
When Delta ditched the "red drum" style amenity kits a while back, this was the same strategy they followed - the new kits showed up immediately on international routes, while the old kits were distributed for quite some time on domestic routes until supplies were depleted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.