Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Have not been offersed a PDB on 3 flights this year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have not been offersed a PDB on 3 flights this year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Maybe this thread should be added to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ding-fast.html
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by houserulz77
I have filled out tons of surveys on your fellow GAs, how clean the boarding area was, did you call me by name, etc. etc. I have never been asked to complete a survey on the FAs - ever.

I wish there was a survey, I (and this probably goes for most of us) would have lots of good things to say about lots of people.

This is why I say send a Tweet or send in a complaint.
I keep getting the surveys about the boarding process. I don't know why DL thinks I should be an expert on this aspect of travel. I try to spend as little time as possible in the gate area, so usually I have no clue about the announcements and if my timing strategy has worked, I haven't been in the gate area long enough to notice whether it's clean or not.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
As a FF, I am really getting tired of the surveys clogging my in-box... and the questions that, at times, boarder on the ridiculous. Time to think about data collection in a new way. Every way they collect data is so outdated. One question survey after the phone call, and the endless email surveys... Innovative data collection has moved on...when will delta?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Esltroy
As a FF, I am really getting tired of the surveys clogging my in-box... and the questions that, at times, boarder on the ridiculous. Time to think about data collection in a new way. Every way they collect data is so outdated. One question survey after the phone call, and the endless email surveys... Innovative data collection has moved on...when will delta?
"If your flight were a tree, what kind of tree would it be?"
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
"If your flight were a tree, what kind of tree would it be?"
I too spend as little time as possible. If flightaware or delta app say it's about to land or taxiing, then I start heading to the gate.

And please tell me that was an actual question you got. It would make my day.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
I keep getting the surveys about the boarding process. I don't know why DL thinks I should be an expert on this aspect of travel. I try to spend as little time as possible in the gate area, so usually I have no clue about the announcements and if my timing strategy has worked, I haven't been in the gate area long enough to notice whether it's clean or not.
Agree -- too many surveys asking about adequate seating in the gate area and the condition of the boarding bridge. I'd rather comment on the in-flight experience.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Agree -- too many surveys asking about adequate seating in the gate area and the condition of the boarding bridge. I'd rather comment on the in-flight experience.
They don't wanna know what we think about that.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I too spend as little time as possible. If flightaware or delta app say it's about to land or taxiing, then I start heading to the gate.

And please tell me that was an actual question you got. It would make my day.
No actual survey question but a reference to a famous Barbara Walters interview where she asked a politician the following: If you were a tree, whiat kind of tree would you be?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Some FAs put a lot of wine into that big plastic cup. I usually ask for a third of a glass as a PDB and they still give me too much. [I don't like to feel pressured to gulp it just before the final cabin check.]
That is why I ask for Woodford on the rocks.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
No actual survey question but a reference to a famous Barbara Walters interview where she asked a politician the following: If you were a tree, whiat kind of tree would you be?
Most likely something knotty...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
Most likely something knotty...
Or old, like a giant redwood.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
That is why I ask for Woodford on the rocks.
not entirely relevant, because it's not a PDB story, but it does relate to how attentive (or not) FAs can be

first beverage service in EC, ATL-SEA on the 1130am 739, early May: I asked for "A cup of ice, a can of club soda, and a couple of Woodfords" (planning to pocket the miniatures)

I started to put my laptop in sleep mode to free up the tray table, and when I looked up the FA was starting to pour the second Woodford over a cup full of ice ... I tried and failed to catch her attention ... when I asked why I got a double Woodford on the rocks with a glass of club soda and a second cup of ice, when I had ordered the basic items arranged rather differently, she said "Oh. You weren't very clear."

I got a survey about the inflight experience for that flight

I also got 7500 miles in response to the complaint via the website
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
not entirely relevant, because it's not a PDB story, but it does relate to how attentive (or not) FAs can be

first beverage service in EC, ATL-SEA on the 1130am 739, early May: I asked for "A cup of ice, a can of club soda, and a couple of Woodfords" (planning to pocket the miniatures)

I started to put my laptop in sleep mode to free up the tray table, and when I looked up the FA was starting to pour the second Woodford over a cup full of ice ... I tried and failed to catch her attention ... when I asked why I got a double Woodford on the rocks with a glass of club soda and a second cup of ice, when I had ordered the basic items arranged rather differently, she said "Oh. You weren't very clear."

You got 7500 miles because the FA prevented you from "stealing" several Woodfords and taking them off the plane, in contradiction to DL policy and maybe the law, depending on location.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I get REALLY tired of your lectures, Professor ... and not just to me
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jrl767

I also have trouble figuring out how to tell the FAs I'd like my Woodford completely separate, especially since I always seem to have to either repeat myself or feel like I'm yelling over ambient noise.

That said, I could see the FA's perspective based on how you ordered "a couple of Woodfords". Some might think that everyone just wants them on the rocks.

When in Y, I'm generally looking to get a Woodford neat and a cup of ginger ale. I'll often say something like "Woodford no ice and a ginger ale in a separate cup". That often works, but it's not uncommon that I end up with a Woodford and ginger in a single cup or solidified water polluting my bourbon.

And while I hope this doesn't come off as lecturing...I've never thought to write in a complaint about something like that. I prefer to save those notes for when something is seriously and intentionally wrong, like a GA lying to my face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.