Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Have not been offersed a PDB on 3 flights this year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have not been offersed a PDB on 3 flights this year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Lack of service like that needs to be reported. Something like:

@deltaassist I am on DL1234 (Conf##). Flight is on time but (FA name) refused to serve me a pre-flight beverage. Why?
I feel like this wouldn't accomplish anything. In the past year, I've not received PDB at least a half dozen times. Whether it was announced or not, I can't think it's enough of a reason to try to spend the time looking up how to complain, especially since it's not going to do anything.

FWIW, I've had lots of great NYC based crews, and I don't remember where the bad ones were based. About half my flying is on RJs and the other is mainline, and it's starting to feel like the regional FAs have been better and more personable. It's the middle-aged end-of-a-trip mainline FAs that exude an aura of apathy. Like when an MD-88 is set for an on-time departure, and you decide to give everyone in F a drink, except for 4C and me in 4D. No explanation, no apology, no "we don't have time."
Or the time I'm on a 75X and they use L1 to board, and the FAs announce they can't do drinks because people and their bags are jamming the aisles (they were). But I've had FAs swim upstream for drinks before, whereas here they wouldn't (and why they picked a gate that normally serves 737s and CR9s is beyond me, especially when it was 6:00AM and most of the gates at SLC were vacant).
As for timeliness, I don't see how that is (necessarily) an issue. I've had FAs taking drink and meal orders during pushback while the video plays, and collect cups right as we're given clearance to takeoff or line up and wait. And a few months ago when our redeye's inbound was delayed, they still got us PDBs. Shoot, I've even gotten a PDB LAX-LAS (one of those "boarding and taxi is longer than the flight" cases).

And since several have mentioned coats, I too have noticed fewer FAs actively looking for and taking coats. One flight a few months ago they didn't even take my coat, after making various attempts to make it obvious I had one, and eventually I just couldn't even get the passing FA's attention, so I just put it in the overhead. Just out of curiosity, why would a crew from a particular city, or a former NW flight attendant be lazier/less outgoing/whatever than another? I seem to see that a lot here, especially the "former NW FA/premerger DL FA."
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
PDB Revised Definition

PDB = Prevalently Denied Beverage
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I feel like this wouldn't accomplish anything. In the past year, I've not received PDB at least a half dozen times. Whether it was announced or not, I can't think it's enough of a reason to try to spend the time looking up how to complain, especially since it's not going to do anything.
At best, if people continued to complain, there might be greater emphasis on the service standard.

At worst, a few hundred extra SkyPesos in one's account never hurts.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Widgets
NYC FAs don't have a good reputation among employees, either. :/
Are some of them former PanAm FAs? Did DL get that FA base or just the PanAm routes?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
NYC FAs don't have a good reputation among employees, either. :/
How is DL supposed to "win NYC" with bad apple front line FA's in NYC?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are some of them former PanAm FAs? Did DL get that FA base or just the PanAm routes?
DL definitely got Pan Am FA's....I've had the displeasure of flying with some.....some are still bitter/upset about their seniority (and years of service) and retirement getting screwed with the DL acquisition of Pan Am and it shows.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Didn't read the full thread, but figured I'd stir the pot.

Boarded a severely delayed (~2 hrs) DL Connection flight in MDW today. Offered and served PDB while Y was boarding.

The whole situation was actually quite impressive. GA managed to board the whole CR7 in 10 mins and the turnaround time from first inbound pax walking into the gatehouse to our pushback was 27 mins. I timed it because when I SDC'd on to the flight, the GA was telling several folks to stick around the gatehouse so he could make a quick turnaround and keep our slot.

Would've given him a JWD if I had any left.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Problem solved and expectations set by flying AA. PDB only 1 out of 5 or 6 times.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
How is DL supposed to "win NYC" with bad apple front line FA's in NYC?
If customers aren't mentioning it in surveys, Delta probably doesn't know or think it's happening or a problem.

Delta doesn't reply to survey comments, but comments are read and considered. I read every survey comment made in SLC and my own airport; all my managers do too.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
2 Weeks ago CLE to ATL delayed boarding due to cleaning. We boarded 40 min late, and were told "no ground service" at the gate... fair enough.

Once boarded, entire FC cabin chatted about the meaning of what "ground service was" no one knew... But they did compare FCM offers..

After boarding, and everyone took seats, Captain comes on to explain gate delay because of baggage, "will update us in 15 minutes", and apologized for no AC in the cabin.

The "Proudly NY based FA's" proceeded to chat amongst themselves for 40 minutes during the ground delay. First bags needed ON then bags needed OFF.

No PDB offered.

At 30 Min into the delay, I got up to ask for an additional 'mini water'. I was told I should have stayed seated, and reluctantly was given one.

Unfortunately I didn't get a survey.

No JWD for this crew for sure..
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
If customers aren't mentioning it in surveys, Delta probably doesn't know or think it's happening or a problem.
I have filled out tons of surveys on your fellow GAs, how clean the boarding area was, did you call me by name, etc. etc. I have never been asked to complete a survey on the FAs - ever.

I wish there was a survey, I (and this probably goes for most of us) would have lots of good things to say about lots of people.

Originally Posted by scracer14

At 30 Min into the delay, I got up to ask for an additional 'mini water'. I was told I should have stayed seated, and reluctantly was given one.

This is why I say send a Tweet or send in a complaint.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by houserulz77
I have filled out tons of surveys on your fellow GAs, how clean the boarding area was, did you call me by name, etc. etc. I have never been asked to complete a survey on the FAs - ever.

I wish there was a survey, I (and this probably goes for most of us) would have lots of good things to say about lots of people.

This is why I say send a Tweet or send in a complaint.
When I do get the surveys, I fill them out, but I usually don't get it for the keg with bad service. And then I go back to school and work and forget about it (until I see threads like this, of course haha).

I've never had a survey about anything other than onboard experience, FWIW. The only DL ground employees I've ever had issues with are club agents who don't know their own rules.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Delta doesn't reply to survey comments, but comments are read and considered. I read every survey comment made in SLC and my own airport; all my managers do too.
I answer every survey DL sends me and only had the best things to say on my travels this week and I pointed out how I appreciated a PDB even though crew and catering were late so hope that helps!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scracer14
2 Weeks ago CLE to ATL delayed boarding due to cleaning. We boarded 40 min late, and were told "no ground service" at the gate... fair enough.

Once boarded, entire FC cabin chatted about the meaning of what "ground service was" no one knew... But they did compare FCM offers..

After boarding, and everyone took seats, Captain comes on to explain gate delay because of baggage, "will update us in 15 minutes", and apologized for no AC in the cabin.

The "Proudly NY based FA's" proceeded to chat amongst themselves for 40 minutes during the ground delay. First bags needed ON then bags needed OFF.

No PDB offered.

Wow these NYC DL FAs sound like they were trained at AAs "Flagship University" of doing the bare minimum
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: delta dm
Agree some crews are so good and then there are the dtw based crews which are just the worst.... I was on dtw pdx flights Roundtrip where the fas were just mean and gave terrible service ....sfo dtw flight a few weeks ago fas horrendous.....pilots were great....the pilot pdx to dtw actually came into the first class cabin and gave us the trip details and personally thanked all medallions especially plat and diamond ....now that was unexpected and a good touch ....probably to make up for the bad service from the dtw FAs.😠 Interesting thing is I love the dtw airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.